The perfect car!
By CivicFlyer on
1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback
I've had my 97 Civic since 2000 and as long as I keep it tuned up it is getting 40 MPG plus. That is with an hour commute with speeds up to 85 mph. The dealership offered a free warranty tune up once a year. I just had all the bodywork done and a high end paint 2004 Subaru Garnet Black (white and red pearl on black). With a Cold Air Pack you get that piece of junk 70s Honda motorcycle sound (+mpg). I got cool wheels, chrome exhaust tip, mirror tinted back windows... chicks dig it. It looks very similar to a picture I see on the edmunds.com 1997 Honda Civic Styles page. I have run alcohol and hydrogen through it with no problems at all. Very low maintenance and very good power for an economy.
Favorite Features
GOOD gas mileage plus good power. The hatchback is great for moving. The hatch will close with a new dishwasher, two 17 foot extension ladders, etc. in it. You can fit 6x9 speakers in the stock holes in the back. Chicks dig it. It's not me, really, I swear...
Suggested Improvements
Maybe a foot or so longer to hold a little more stuff like the Saab 900 turbo. I want a stretch version. My Saab only gets 35mpg. A cheap 50% hydrogen generator would be cool.