Honda convert
By HappyHondaOwner on
1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe
I purchased this civic at 10 y/o (in 2007) with 145,000 miles. I replaced a Ford coupe, at first I was skeptical about the transition to Honda nameplate. Very easy and fun to adjust to the civic, easy to love. The car was very clean, good engine (evrything original). The only repairs needed so far: a radiator replacement (just over $100), brake service overhaul (ouch: $400), alternator replacement (about $100). Routine servicing has included a new set of tires ($245), new battery ($55) and the usual periodic oil changes (at around 5k miles; $23ea), and a autotrans flush ($85). I am currently clocked at 192k (happy) miles! Cant wait to break 200k I know it will...
Favorite Features
Fun to drive (drives much better than expected, doesn't feel or act like its age: 12+ years), the fuel economy 32+ real mpg (my avg highway speed: 80). Honda resale value. Easy to maneuver size: light & agile on its feet!
Suggested Improvements
More style and features to the Spartan interior (that's because I have the barebones dx series), I guess more passing power.