1997 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Best car I've ever owned, peri

1997 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Best car I've ever owned, period.
By NWTransplant on

1997 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I've had mine since 3,300 miles and couldn't be happier. No reliability issues whatsoever. Built like a fine Swiss watch. Follow the maintenance schedule according to the owner's manual (as I do) and the car reward you with amazingly trouble-free motoring. If deprived of my Civic, I would immediately seek another one just like it with no hesitation. It's like a premium motorcar in a smaller, less expensive package.

Where to begin?! Fuel economy (32 average even with lots of city miles), smooth ride, responsive and fun to drive, antilock brakes on this model, roomy interior and trunk, easy to maneuver in traffic, great Honda dealer service. Car feels like it will last for decades.

Increase wheel size from 14 to 15 inches to cut down on body roll in corners, more torque for swifter launching from a stop, and scrap the cupholder which blocks useage of the CD player. That's IT.