1997 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Love my Honda!

1997 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Review

Love my Honda!
By Steve on

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I've owned my Civic Ex since it was new & have been very pleased overall with it. It has been extremely reliable. The drive train, body & hardware have held up nicely. Only a couple of flaws: the SRS failed under extended warranty, but has failed again out of warranty--cost approx $500 to repair: Ouch! Fob doesn't work any longer--it is 10 yrs old, maybe I'm expecting too much. Had to replace driver's window regulator, also replaced master & slave cylinders for the clutch. I consider these to be normal wear & tear items on a car of this age & mileage. Will sell this car soon as I have been given a company car. I'll miss my Honda!

Favorite Features

From a drive train standpoint, this car still runs as good as the day I drove it off the lot! Its suspension and ride is still excellent--still have original shocks. Purrs like a kitten on the highway at 70-75 mph.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I am disappointed in with this car is the SRS failure: 2 times already. I think a safety feature like that should be warrantied for the life of the car, regardless of manufacturer.