Used 1997 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best Car Ever Owned
By Honda Fan

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I just turned my car over the 100,000 mile mark yesterday and it still runs like it has only 10 miles. I purchased this car new and have not had one major problem with it. In fact, this is the best Honda I've ever owned (after having 3 Accords prior to this purchase). I was only buying this car to keep for a short time, but just can't seem to part with it.

Favorite Features

Great gas MPG, nice body style (I added factory Alloy wheels), moonroof is a huge plus.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise, and lack of power when the A/C is on. The cupholder is a poor design to actually hold a cup of any size. Should have come with a CD player as "standard" on the EX.

Got my money's worth
By can't believe

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in '97 with a mere 7 miles on it. It now has 135+K miles and has overall been a great car. Its never had any major problems except that its almost been stolen twice. I am having the problem that (2nd time around) my drivers side window in not working and the passenger side is slow. And there is something rattling whenever I turn. It has taken me everywhere & has been extremely reliable even when I wasn't so nice to it on the road. My older brother wants this car to tool around in & my soon to be 16 y/o wants it, so they'll have to duel it out when its time to retire it for a 4 door which is going to be soon.

Favorite Features

The Reliability, not $$ to maintain, the split seats in the back.

Suggested Improvements

comfier seats.

Great Car
By Jessica Smith

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I really enjoy my car. I am a teenager and loved the look of the car. I have been driving it for over 2 years and love it. I like the look so much better than the newer one, and the gas mileage is great. Its a great car.

Favorite Features

Dependability, gas mileage, the fact that it doesn't have power steering makes the driver feel more in touch with the car and more in control.

Suggested Improvements

More power! But if wanting more power, you have to trade the great gas mileage. If getting manual, you have more of a get-go in the lower gears.

Love Honda
By syfy

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I think buying a honda you will never go wrong. I bought mine in 1998 and trade it in 2005 just because i wanted something bigger living in the north. I wish I would have kept my civic ex

Favorite Features

I enjoyed everything about this car.This car was fun to drive and great on gas.Over the years I had this car never never had to put more than $150 for repairs. Yes i did get breaks but that normal other than that is was a wonderful car. Great Job Honda

Suggested Improvements

There is nothing i can say for improvements for the car

honda mixer
By j.p.

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

The only problem I had, was the radio & CD player. The CD player is a 6-CD changer in trunk. The connecting cable becomes loose at the radio & makes the CD player fade in & out. This has been repaired 4 times & is now starting to act up again. The rest of the car has been great.I realy like the fuel economy, it averages 42-HWY. 33-CTY. Also the AC will freeze even the hottest person.

Favorite Features

See review above. Also very low mant. cost

Suggested Improvements

See review above about the RADIO & CD PLAYER