Used 1997 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car
By Jessica Smith

1997 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I really enjoy my car. I am a teenager and loved the look of the car. I have been driving it for over 2 years and love it. I like the look so much better than the newer one, and the gas mileage is great. Its a great car.

Favorite Features

Dependability, gas mileage, the fact that it doesn't have power steering makes the driver feel more in touch with the car and more in control.

Suggested Improvements

More power! But if wanting more power, you have to trade the great gas mileage. If getting manual, you have more of a get-go in the lower gears.

Great little car
By freudy

1997 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I've had my car for 7 years now, and I'm just looking to sell it and get a new honda. The only recall this car has ever had was with the floor mats - seriously. I still manage to get 30-34 MPG. Still handles very well, and I'm only now starting to hear some rattles - mostly in the driver's door - and that is because i've had issues with my windows. my cousin, and my best friend also have similiar style honda civics and have experienced the same problem - the windows fall off track or get stuck. you can fix it yourself pretty easily, but i had my mechanic do it for $50 and the window works great now. thats my only complaint.

Favorite Features

gets me from point a to point b on time, and cheaply. if you take care of this car, it won't let you down.

Suggested Improvements

fix the window problem

a good car to buy even used
By rocky1318

1997 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

i bought this car from a private seller and it runs great. no wear and tear except for maybe as couple scratches on the outside. a good car to buy new or used.

Favorite Features

vtec 4 cylinder engine and leather seats make such a difference

Suggested Improvements

a little quieter ride but hey it is a small economy car

My Civic is the bomb!
By Kellylicious

1997 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Civic when it was a year old and have loved it every day sense. I moved to Hawaii and could not part with it, so it took a cruise over and made it fine. I've never had a problem with it, outside of the driver's side window getting stuck last year (although this may have to do with after-factory tint I had put on at that time) and this was easily fixed. I wish it had more power going up mountains, but it is worth it to have the awesome gas mileage (30 - 34 mpg even with city driving). I love my car and have not once regretted this purchase. It has never let me down.

Favorite Features

Everything in the Civic makes sense from where the controls are to the fuel economy to having plenty of room for you and your adult friends without being cramped. It drives just as great now as it did when I bought it. I don't know of any other car that is so cool, yet so dependable.

Suggested Improvements

This is a cool car and others may want your car too. I had a break-in after my move, and was told Civic parts from different years are interchangable and expensive so there's a market for it in certain areas, so get an alarm.

Outstanding
By j8h9

1997 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I'm writing this review if only to get through my mourning of the loss of my 1997 Honda Civic EX... I was hit and the car was totaled and I'm thinking of suing for emotional distress. Gawd I loved that car.

Favorite Features

Reliable. Reliable. Reliable. When the US manufacturers start making them like Honda/Toyota--I'll start buying American again.

Suggested Improvements

More headroom.