1997 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
gas mileage!!!
By amanda=) on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car strictly for the gas mileage. I commute quite a bit and this was important to me. The Idea that $10 will pretty much fill your tank, and I can almost all week on that tank. that really does alot for me. I can pretty much whatever I want in it. my civic is very versitile!!!! I didn't even like it when I bought it. but I think it's growing on me.

good daily driver
By islanderfan on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

Have had no trouble with anything except driver side power window comes out of track when lowerted when raining. Other than that, this car has had no problems since the day we bought it.

HX Transmission Problems
By jim paige on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

CVT Transmission develops problems at idle ($4500 to replace)- RPM's race up and down- started at 40,000 miles- Honda knows about this "problem". Found out it is common problem- we are trying to get Honda to replace at no charge- because it is $4500 for new transmission (cannot rebuild or repair CVT) and car is worth $7000

1997 Silver Honda Civic HX
By Nathan Geib on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed my 97 Civic HX. It is super reliable and is alot of fun to drive. Love going around corners at high speeds. Really holds the road with the double wishbone suspension. Engine very smooth and rev happy even with 140000 miles on the car. Reaches 74 mph in second gear at 7200 rpm before fuel cuts out. Doesn't use a lick of oil. I am amazed how Honda's last. My parents last one had a 236000 on it when they traded it in. I am sold on Honda.

Very Good Car
By punt on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. I have run this car very hard and it keeps on going and going and going. I have had no problems at all in 5 years.

Very Reliable!
By Honda Lover on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I had one less thing to worry about! I never had any problems with the car; just it's average maintenance. It was very fun to modify - there are so many new things you can to do to personalize it. I am now a Civic enthusiast!

Civic HX Review
By myst on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

I have been a honda buyer and driver for years. I am really impressed with the 1997 civic and how well it has held up. I still get compliments on it today for such a nice vehicle! A well designed, built and executed car in all areas. The complaints I have about the car are so minor, that they are not even worth mentioning.

By Twilightx on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

For 1st time buyer, this car is the one. The DX model is not fast, but it holds its own straight off the line if you have a manual transmission.

Pimp Ride
By Special K on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic Coupe HX 2dr Coupe

This car is so cool! There are so many modifications you can do to the Civic! The car is very comfortable. It's very fun to drive too, it has some get up and go! If you have not driven one get down to the dealer! What are you Waiting For. . . GO!

Honda Civic EX coupe
By JMP on 03/06/02 10:51 AM (PST)

This is a great car.