1997 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 7

1997 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic was great purchase
By kimmee on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 63,000 miles. Excellent car. Have had no problems whatsoever with it! No costs other than regular maintenance. Highly recommend to those looking for fuel economy and reliability with a car that still looks good- despite its age.

One of the best...
By MrBusiness TT on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

There are cars that get better fuel economy (but only a handful that seat four people), and there are more powerful cars, but only the HX delivers 115 HP in 2324 lbs with fuel economy over 40 MPG. The best of efficiency and reliability. A liitle noisy due to lack of sound deadoning material (which saves weight).

great family car
By Diego on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

reliable, durable, perfect car for commuting

everything you expect and more
By dattman86 on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

my '97 civic has been one of the most rewarding product purchases i have ever made and easily the best vehicle purchase. i love my civic and will stick with honda on my next vehicle though i will probably step up to an accord or something larger. my only complaint is the road noise. it is not exactly a quiet ride. the handling makes up for it though.

Great
By allison007 on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I loved this car and really only want to get rid of it for the pure fact that I want to try a newer Honda!!

1997 CIVIC EX
By Peter Tancula on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

My 1997 Civic ex has 124,000 miles on it and the engine stil runs like new; ). I never had problems with it, NEVER. Great car.

A Blemish on Honda's Record
By NoMoreHonda on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I purchased a 97 Honda Civic CX hatchback with only 37,000 miles on it. Within the first week, a sensor and ignition coil both failed and the car left me sit. The engine is terribly underpowered. I spent $600 on new shocks/struts only to find that the terrible ride quality had not improved. The doors rattled and interior noise was plentiful. NO extras, not even lights in the glove box or rear hatch. There are Hyundais out there which look, feel, and run better than that car did! I sold it within a year and bought an 86 Subaru which actually feels BETTER!

Money well spent!
By Steven D.. on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I have owned 2 new civic. The first civic lasted for 221,000 miles in 10 years. My second civic has 160,000 miles on it in 7 years and does not show any signs of slowing down. They are and were worth more to me than the sticker price I paid for them. Reliability is the best feature of the civic. They are not the fanciest vehicle out there but they cover every base very well for the everyday person or the traveling type.

honda mixer
By j.p. on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

The only problem I had, was the radio & CD player. The CD player is a 6-CD changer in trunk. The connecting cable becomes loose at the radio & makes the CD player fade in & out. This has been repaired 4 times & is now starting to act up again. The rest of the car has been great.I realy like the fuel economy, it averages 42-HWY. 33-CTY. Also the AC will freeze even the hottest person.

Great Car
By Jessica Smith on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I really enjoy my car. I am a teenager and loved the look of the car. I have been driving it for over 2 years and love it. I like the look so much better than the newer one, and the gas mileage is great. Its a great car.