1997 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Dodee's 1997 Civic EX
By dodee on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

The best car I've ever had (over 40 years of driving). NO problems. LOW maintenance.

uscbrownie's civic
By uscbrownie on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Wonderful vehicle, I love it! Only negative comment is the paint on the red models wears out fast, but that's the color's fault, not the car!

HX Transmission Problems
By jim paige on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

CVT Transmission develops problems at idle ($4500 to replace)- RPM's race up and down- started at 40,000 miles- Honda knows about this "problem". Found out it is common problem- we are trying to get Honda to replace at no charge- because it is $4500 for new transmission (cannot rebuild or repair CVT) and car is worth $7000

good daily driver
By islanderfan on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

Have had no trouble with anything except driver side power window comes out of track when lowerted when raining. Other than that, this car has had no problems since the day we bought it.

1997 Silver Honda Civic HX
By Nathan Geib on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed my 97 Civic HX. It is super reliable and is alot of fun to drive. Love going around corners at high speeds. Really holds the road with the double wishbone suspension. Engine very smooth and rev happy even with 140000 miles on the car. Reaches 74 mph in second gear at 7200 rpm before fuel cuts out. Doesn't use a lick of oil. I am amazed how Honda's last. My parents last one had a 236000 on it when they traded it in. I am sold on Honda.

Very Good Car
By punt on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. I have run this car very hard and it keeps on going and going and going. I have had no problems at all in 5 years.

my buddy Civic
By hans on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

It was a perfect choice for a young couple as a first car to buy. Never have been disappointed with it!

97 honda civic
By civic_racer on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from a family member and it was well taken care of. Fun to drive and "cruise" in. A good car for long trips or short drives. Extremely dependable. However, it needs to be because it is expensive to bring to a shop. Easy to modify and parts are everywhere. LOVE THE MOONROOF!

Very Reliable!
By Honda Lover on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I had one less thing to worry about! I never had any problems with the car; just it's average maintenance. It was very fun to modify - there are so many new things you can to do to personalize it. I am now a Civic enthusiast!

Civic HX Review
By myst on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I have been a honda buyer and driver for years. I am really impressed with the 1997 civic and how well it has held up. I still get compliments on it today for such a nice vehicle! A well designed, built and executed car in all areas. The complaints I have about the car are so minor, that they are not even worth mentioning.