1997 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Hatchback is #1
By JohnJay on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I got this car and i have never had any problems with it. And I beat this car EVERYDAY :) Hiting 110+mph. This car gets good gas mileage and is very reliable. And there are so many aftermarkets parts for it. I am in to fixing up cars for racing and this car is idel for the tack because of it light body. And it is so easy to put in a bigger engine. :)

Spectacular Car
By hondalover on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and i love it! Its been very reliable, and i've only had minor problems.

Spectacular Car
By HondaLover on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

Simply the best in its class
By superBBQ on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

The Honda Civic is simply the best car in its class. Super reliable, low maintenance, awesome gas milages and very stylish look. You can do so much to upgrade this baby!

Solid Zippy Car
By KLynn on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this solid, zippy car when it was already 2 years old at a peak used car value! It hasn't disappointed me. Guests enjoy the roomy backseat. I like the space-making features in front for coins, maps, sunglasses, etc. Honda's modern exterior tricks some to think my car is new. However, my brother bought an identical '98 which has a few more ergonomic features worth considering. I am trading it in because *my* needs changed; I'm getting rid of the 2- door, 5-speed. But the value has remained. It will be a perfect twice- used car for someone else!

gas mileage!!!
By amanda=) on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car strictly for the gas mileage. I commute quite a bit and this was important to me. The Idea that $10 will pretty much fill your tank, and I can almost all week on that tank. that really does alot for me. I can pretty much whatever I want in it. my civic is very versitile!!!! I didn't even like it when I bought it. but I think it's growing on me.

Honda Civic LX
By CivicDriver on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I think this car is a good deal because of it's low price. The engine is very rev happy and seems to ask for more. The gas mileage is wonderful. The car is well built and you know when you wake up in the morning the car will be waiting for you to start it up. The car is some what rommy and can fit 4 people nicely when there is 5 people it gets a little crowded. Another thing that could be better would be the accleration because you will need that extra pick up to merge on to the freeways. Besides that this is a great car and I have learned to love this little car.

this has been a GREAT car
By earmenta on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

This car has been perfect for me. It is now going on 6 years old, and so far I have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS with it, not even minor ones! And I just passed 80,000 miles! Often times I will drive this car 1,000 miles in one weekend, and it's held up just fine and I never worry about it. If you want a dependable, low-maintenance car, get a Honda. They will last forever and are a great investment.

little white cloud
By mary on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

The only problem is highway noise and ride. If your tires are not new, and the car isn't aligned recently, it will shake at 75 mph. Of course we should all be driving this little white cloud, to save what is left of the environment.

Fun car
By got frank? on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have fallen in love with this car. I put a lot of stuff additionally to this car because I love it so much. Now it has HID headlights and green parking headlights, a talking alarm system, mesh grill for the front, radar detector, 4 inch exhaust, tinted windows, etc.... i'm still planning to add more things. Well, it's a 1997 Honda Civic LX, Automatic transmission. I wish it was a manual, but I can still drive it somewhat like a manual (if you know how). Lovely car, reliable, nice-looking. I wish it had more horsepower and torque on the engine.