1997 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Very Nice
By jofaile on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Good performance (I have bumped mine up to 141 hp), nice styling (mine is black /w pearl coat), and awesome reliabilty (haven't had a problem with it yet).

Ex coupe
By knight on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Very good car, nice to drive, easy to own, economic but fast, with lots of accessories on the market

Keeps on ticking
By moz52 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used, with about 30,000 miles on it, and now it has over 120,000. I have done nothing but regular tune ups, new tires, and oil changes. Although I would love to have something a little more sporty, I will most likely purchase a new Civic sometime this year. You just can't beat the reliability.

Honda civic DX
By Prettyboy on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I have been driving my civic for close to four years now and have had very little problems with it. It has been the best car I have ever owned. Even though it is the base model it still gets looks when i drive it around town. I plan to keep me civic for a few more years to come.

Bippy is the best!!
By Bippy on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I got my Bippy four years ago and absolutely love it! I have driven it cross-country many times and have never had a problem going anywhere. The gas mileage is great, and it runs just as well today as it did when I bought it used four years ago.

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED
By Lisa1536 on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I purchased the Honda anomaly. I am shocked at what is happening to my CVT transmission. It is going out on my 6- year-old car with 78,000 miles. I bought a Honda to avoid problems like this, but unfortunately things are not going like I thought they would. Except for window regulators, I have had no problem with this car, except this $4500 one. I know this is unusual, but understand, it does happen.

Great around-town Car
By jacobwallace on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I've had this car since it was brand new, and I still love it! I've never had a major problem with it - totally reliable, although Honda had to replace the alternator, moonroof motor, and one headlight at various times early in life (ALL done under warranty, and on routine visits, not after any serious failures). Honda service is wonderful, if pricey - if having your car start every morning is worth your money, Honda is the way to go.

Very reliable car
By opunty on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have had no problems with this car and it is a 1997. I have only performed the roitine maintenance and I drive the car very hard at time. I can't even bring myself to sell it because it is rated one of the best used cars and I have had nothing wrong with it. 81,000 miles and still runs as well as it did with 10,000 miles.

More Bang for your Buck
By 1BADCIVIC on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

With 140 horsepower stock, you can easily upgrade to over 200, and not have to worry about gas prices, or wether or not it's going to start every time.

EXCELLENT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Matthew N. on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with 67000 miles on it for 45000, and i really got my money's worth. I loved it to death. I got in a major wreck at 72000 miles. I only drove 5000 and can testify that it was yet the greatest car i ever owned. It is even extremly safe in collisions. I walked away with a seat belt wound after an RV pulled out in front of me. Crumpled the exterior into tin foil yet left the interior untouched. Awesome, safe and dependable. If you see one, do not pass the opprotunity up! By it!