Used 1997 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Brilliant!
By Train2219

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 97 Civic LX 5 speed when my 87 Pathfinder died w/170k on it. I purchased it used 83k on it. This car has been everything that I need it to be. Flawless reliability, outstanding fuel economy, and surprisingly fun to drive despite only having 106 horses to work with. The 5 speed manual makes all the difference in this car. Its a total dog with an autotragic transmission. I have just turned 100k and have no doubt that it will run for another 100.

5 speed, fuel economy, reliability

a few more ponies would have been nice,

Still Going!
By luvmyhonda

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

At 185,000 miles....only thing needed was the routine maintenance, am now needing to replace my timing belt for the 2nd time. Still going strong. Can't imagine having to replace the motor??!!! I had brake pads put on, and besides that, routine maintenance at 50,000, 100,000 (replaces the timing belt), plus oil changes every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. I asked a Honda mechanic how far did he think my Honda would go and he said, "400,000" after confirming that I get oil changes regularly. I bought this new in 1997 but my next vehicle will probably be a used Honda after this experience. Wouldn't trust anything else. Runs great! I'm shooting for 300,000.

Reliability, gas mileage. Fun to drive.

Road noise.

97 Civic
By Sergio

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It is a good reliable car that is really fun to drive the handling is excellent and it's pretty fast you can feel the power right away its a 5 speed cluch transsmission and it peels in first three gears once you hit 4th it stops.

97 Civic EX coupe
By alotawatts

1997 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Purchased mine used with aprox 76000 miles. I get lousy milage in town with the automatic transmission but good on the hiway. 1996 - 2000 6th generation Civic's are outstanding !

Body style. Interior layout / comfort. Easy to work on: Brakes, Engine etc.

Suppress road noise somehow. These cars are famous for power window problems but I have not experienced any yet. Get a manual transmission = good MPG !

I Love this Car
By MARYLANDSBEST

1997 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

The only thing I have to do is an occasional oil change. I'm at 163,000 and it still runs well. I own a Lexus but I drive my Civic almost everyday. Ecept for sundays.

Quieter ride