Used 1997 Honda Civic LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great commuter car
By theron

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Besides looking like grandma's car, this is one dependable vehicle. No major problems in 13 years - new brakes, rotors, tires, 3 new mufflers, and 1 new tailpipe. My friends beg me to sell it to them for commuting. Avg 27 mpg. No sports car but re-li-a-ble. I've had 2 Chrysler vans since 03 for my wife and am about to find a 3rd. Switching to a Honda van due to the reliability of this car and the junk from Chrysler!

reliability quality

exhaust was the only area of poor reliability/quality - replaced it 3 times. but i did that myself and I'm no mechanic.

Excellent Car
By HondaLover3

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1997 Honda Civic LX Sedan 6 months ago after my 1994 Honda Accord EX-L Sport Couple was totaled by someone pulling out in front of me. I love this civic it is my 3rd Honda it had 209000 miles on it when I bought it and just rolled over 218000 miles in 6 months. The car had one previous owner, needs a paint job but other than that it has original engine and clutch and transmission still drives as its brand new. get around 320 miles per tank. Just regular maint done since I have bought it, oil changes and brake pads. I LOVE THIS CIVIC! as excellent as my dads 95 Acura integra with original motor and power train (automatic) that has 670,000 on it and still drives like new!

Easy to handle, park, maneuver. Great AC and Heat!

For the year, none that I can think of its a great car! I will always be a loyal Honda Owner, I have had a 92 Honda Accord Lx Sedan, Perfect never any problems, 94 Accord EX-L Coupe Perfect never any problems either!

Best car for drivin around
By best drive around

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Got this car a while ago. Still please with it today with 247,000 miles and purr like a cat. I got a good deal with it and decide to use it as a work car since I live 30 miles from work. Guarantee u will never find a better car than this.

very easy to maintain

road noise

Great little car!
By oregon girl

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Very reliable little car! Excellent gas mileage, too. Oh, and it's cute! We love it.

Sips gas, fun to drive, looks sweet.

Better upholstery.

Excellent
By angelo

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I like the car because it's economy and a small car that I can park anywhere it will fit; also very economic.