1997 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Reliable, simple, no frills
By piercejs4 on 12/21/12 16:36 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My car now has 165000 miles on it without having any major difficulties. The car has never left me stranded.

Great commuter car
By theron on 04/09/10 10:16 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Besides looking like grandma's car, this is one dependable vehicle. No major problems in 13 years - new brakes, rotors, tires, 3 new mufflers, and 1 new tailpipe. My friends beg me to sell it to them for commuting. Avg 27 mpg. No sports car but re-li-a-ble. I've had 2 Chrysler vans since 03 for my wife and am about to find a 3rd. Switching to a Honda van due to the reliability of this car and the junk from Chrysler!

I LOVE MY HONDA!
By Jessica on 02/22/10 11:49 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for 200,000 miles and still love it. This car has been reliable and efficient all the way! And so much fun to drive! None of the extra bells and whistles on the DX means nothing breaks. Solid car all around. Also handles very well in the snow, this car has never left me in a ditch even through years of nasty winters in upstate NY. I have had numerous exhaust pipes/mufflers put in, but that has been it other than the scheduled maintenance. I love my Honda and the fact that it was built in Ohio (how many of the so-called American cars can say that anymore?). Still has another 100K left in her! My 8 rating for comfort was due to the fact that the car doesn't have AC.

Excellent Car
By HondaLover3 on 02/17/10 03:26 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1997 Honda Civic LX Sedan 6 months ago after my 1994 Honda Accord EX-L Sport Couple was totaled by someone pulling out in front of me. I love this civic it is my 3rd Honda it had 209000 miles on it when I bought it and just rolled over 218000 miles in 6 months. The car had one previous owner, needs a paint job but other than that it has original engine and clutch and transmission still drives as its brand new. get around 320 miles per tank. Just regular maint done since I have bought it, oil changes and brake pads. I LOVE THIS CIVIC! as excellent as my dads 95 Acura integra with original motor and power train (automatic) that has 670,000 on it and still drives like new!

Best car for drivin around
By best drive around on 12/10/09 09:26 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Got this car a while ago. Still please with it today with 247,000 miles and purr like a cat. I got a good deal with it and decide to use it as a work car since I live 30 miles from work. Guarantee u will never find a better car than this.

Great little car!
By oregon girl on 08/02/09 21:57 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Very reliable little car! Excellent gas mileage, too. Oh, and it's cute! We love it.

Excellent car
By Driver on 05/14/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this car for 12 years and it's still performing with no problems. I've mostly kept up with the maintenance schedule, but not to the T. My goal is to drive it for 10 more years!

Excellent
By angelo on 04/12/09 18:11 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I like the car because it's economy and a small car that I can park anywhere it will fit; also very economic.

dissapointed
By jg on 03/28/09 00:12 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

After having this car I can not understand how everyone seems to love it. I bought the car with 46,000 miles on it and now have 93,000. The AC blower motor went out, I've replaced the radiator because it was leaking, it has an oil leak, I have had to replace the muffler, then I had a problem where my break lights wouldn't turn off causing the battery to die constantly. The AC is broken AGAIN, the windshield wipers broke and now will turn on if I go over any kind of bump. There are numerous rattles and shakes. The interior is low quality. I will be so happy when I get rid of the car. I wish it was as reliable as everyone else says they are.

Great Car
By HondaLover on 01/31/09 15:40 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car almost 10 years ago. Its a 5 speed manual and it has been very reliable. I have had no major problems in the 100k plus miles I have put on. It is relegated to a kids car now and it gets much more abuse than when my wife and I drove it, but it is still hanging in there. A few years ago I purchased a 2005 EX 4 dr, so I guess its says a lot of about how much we liked this one.

1 2 3 4 5 next »