1996 Honda Civic Consumer Review: You could find a better car, P

1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

You could find a better car, Period!
By jack on

1996 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my car for about ten years. It has been from New england to Florida a few times. It's been so reliable that I would recommend this car to anyone who wants very little headaches and does not obsess over transportation. In ten years of ownership It's been in the shop for CV joints, for an electrical malfunction in gas tank and for power window regulators, all 3+ years apart! What more can you say about that? Oh yes, tires and brakes are inexpensive. The car is so simple to work on that you can 80% of the repairs yourself, if handy. Car has 163K on it, bought it with 30K. I've waxed the car, so rust is just now starting on fender.

The car is easy to park and easy on fuel-15 bucks to fill at 1.80. I love the split folding seats and excellent fit and finish. Auto tranny is smooth. It's unbelievable in the snow, get good tires.

Car is bit small for me, 6 feet tall, but doable. The engine on this year model is not very powerful, so you really have to step on it to merge with traffic. That's all been fixed in newer models. It needs fog lights.