1996 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Honda's Best

1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

DX Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Honda's Best
By cvilla on

1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought it in 1999 used with over 60K miles. People laughed and thought I got ripped off! $8000 for a car with high mileage then. The years of gas at $3.75 came and those same people could not afford to go to the beach like I could because their BIG trucks used too much gas. Now 2009, the car has 221000 miles and still shows no signs of quitting. I didn't do all those scheduled maintenance. I haven't even changed the timing chain/belt. Just oil/ air filters, breaks and fluids! Oh and I had to replace CV boots. That's all. BEST car I've owned, and I've owned plenty. Audi,BMW, Mustang, Chevys, VW, Renault, Bronco etc. Honda could take a lesson from its past and redo it!

Long life. Great fuel economy. Easy to do many of the repairs and maintenance.

Interior does not last as well as the mechanical aspects of the car. Lacks power and comfort but I understand that it was not intended for that. HONDA should erect statues for the men and women who designed this Autmotive GEM! Bring it back again OLD SCHOOL style! Newer cars don't compare.