1996 Honda Civic Consumer Review: I miss my Civic!

1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

DX Coupe (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I miss my Civic!
By mdries on

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car in high school, and I loved it. I now drive a 2001 Acura CL, which has a LOT more cool features than the Civic; however, I often find myself missing the
Civic. It did not have any modern features like power locks, power windows, or a CD player. However, the car ran unbelievably well considering it was 15 years old and had about 220,000 miles when we sold it! If I did not switch to my sister's Acura when she bought a company car, I would probably still be driving the Civic today. Also the MPGs on this car are phenomenal! If you accelerate conservatively you can get 35-40 MPG easily.

Fantastic car for a first-time driver Great MPGs- for someone on a small budget, this car gets you where you need to go for less money Simple engine design, which leads to very few mechanical/ technical problems if properly maintained Bare-bones interior- when I drove it in high school and college, I especially liked not having to worry about the possibility of ruining the car by getting it dirty Fold-down rear seat- this car has a surprisingly large amount of storage space, and is great for a single person traveling to and from college (The Acura I now use does not have a fold-down rear seat, which makes packing for college more difficult)

Not much horsepower- If you are looking for a fast car, this is not what you want. This Civic has basically a sewing machine for a motor- I didn't mind because the lack of horsepower is more than made up for in MPGs.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review