1996 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 8

1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

1996 Civic Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
7yrs plus NO Problems reliability
By Civiclover

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in college in Jan. 1996 - it is Feb 2003 and I only replaced the muffler (due to the Chicago winters). This car is TOPS for Quality and Reliability. It HAS 159,000 miles on it and I expect 250k problem free miles. Love it and will keep it as long as possible. One wash every so often and it STILL looks new!!

Favorite Features

Front suspension - new Civics have the cheaper suspension. AWESOME HVAC - the heater RULES in harsh below zero weather. A/C works perfect. Comfortable and quiet to drive - vibration free at 159,000 miles!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Perfect combo...

7yrs plus NO Problems reliability
By CivicLover

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Perfect combo...

Happy Honda Owner
By Honda Owner

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This is a very good car. It's reliable and fun to drive. I initially purchased the car for my daughter. She drove it for the first 20,000 miles. I took it over after two years. I have been driving the car for 80,000 miles. I have not had any problems. The car is ready for its 100,000 mile service and I look forward to the next 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Confortable, great gas milage 30/38 mpg. The car has a very stable smooth ride on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

No changes needed

Happy Honda Owner
By honda owner

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

No changes needed

Why I LOVE My Honda
By Cassie Snow

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

In the 6 years I've owned this car, and with 2-3 oil changes a year, I've never had to worry about it starting on cold/hot days or breaking down on side of road. I was recently in accident going 35-40 mph. Was VERY pleased with the lack of damage to front of body. Seat belt didn't hurt me and air-bags did NOT unnecessarily deploy. Very happy.

Favorite Features

Rear window defrost, Warms up quickly even when really cold, Rugged interior has held up to 2 kids, 2 dogs and lots of fun times. FANTASTIC BREAKS!

Suggested Improvements

More Pick Up. Seems more sluggish than other cars when starting from dead stop.

Worlds Best Value
By sdanville

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Needed a car for my daughter. Wanted to spend $5000. With some shopping some 96's can be found at that price. Had already bought one Honda Civic on Ebay and it worked out..took another chance. This one had been hit. Dealer didnt disclose. Out side of that, the car runs as expected. 115,000 miles and the steering is tighter than my $30,000 Oldsmobile with 40,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Delightful to work on. Replaced the headlights required 8 bolts to remove bumper cover & headlights. Tightness. Mileage!!. Looks. '96 still looks contempary. Insurance reasonable.

Suggested Improvements

To keep the price where it is...Don't change it.

VERY RELAIABLE CAR
By CAR

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It is a very reiable car. Just rides smooth

Listen 6.9 ratings!!!!!
By JoAnna

1996 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Well I am disappointed at the others that rated this car low. I am a female and I have never had any problems with this car. It's been wonderful to me and vice-versa. If you take care of your car and research one before you buy it there should not be any problems.Period. So I give Honda a 9.999 rating and the rest of you can kiss my cars butt!!! Everything is wonderful, Thank you Honda!

Favorite Features

Body style, comfort, power, and stylish.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent
By chuns_chan

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

U can't beat the price and quality

Favorite Features

SAve gas

Great choice for my first car
By Littlemiss7075

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought my car almost four years ago with approximately 26,000 mileage on it and I don't regret my choice. This is my first car and I have to admit I had reservations about buying a used car....with all those "lemons" out there, but my honda has made my experience of owning my first car a good one so far. Hasn't let me down especially in the winter when I really need it.My next "new" car will definately be another honda.

Favorite Features

I like the design and it gives pretty good mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Pre-installed cassette/cd player.I had to have one installed.