1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Happy Honda Owner
By Honda Owner on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This is a very good car. It's reliable and fun to drive. I initially purchased the car for my daughter. She drove it for the first 20,000 miles. I took it over after two years. I have been driving the car for 80,000 miles. I have not had any problems. The car is ready for its 100,000 mile service and I look forward to the next 100,000 miles.

Why I LOVE My Honda
By Cassie Snow on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

In the 6 years I've owned this car, and with 2-3 oil changes a year, I've never had to worry about it starting on cold/hot days or breaking down on side of road. I was recently in accident going 35-40 mph. Was VERY pleased with the lack of damage to front of body. Seat belt didn't hurt me and air-bags did NOT unnecessarily deploy. Very happy.

Worlds Best Value
By sdanville on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Needed a car for my daughter. Wanted to spend $5000. With some shopping some 96's can be found at that price. Had already bought one Honda Civic on Ebay and it worked out..took another chance. This one had been hit. Dealer didnt disclose. Out side of that, the car runs as expected. 115,000 miles and the steering is tighter than my $30,000 Oldsmobile with 40,000 miles.

VERY RELAIABLE CAR
By CAR on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It is a very reiable car. Just rides smooth

Listen 6.9 ratings!!!!!
By JoAnna on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Well I am disappointed at the others that rated this car low. I am a female and I have never had any problems with this car. It's been wonderful to me and vice-versa. If you take care of your car and research one before you buy it there should not be any problems.Period. So I give Honda a 9.999 rating and the rest of you can kiss my cars butt!!! Everything is wonderful, Thank you Honda!

Excellent
By chuns_chan on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

U can't beat the price and quality

Great choice for my first car
By Littlemiss7075 on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought my car almost four years ago with approximately 26,000 mileage on it and I don't regret my choice. This is my first car and I have to admit I had reservations about buying a used car....with all those "lemons" out there, but my honda has made my experience of owning my first car a good one so far. Hasn't let me down especially in the winter when I really need it.My next "new" car will definately be another honda.

Great Car
By PSXman80 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This was the first car that I looked at in the lot, it was a sad kind of dirty little car. I took her out for a test-drive and she really delivered a lot more than I thought she would for a 4 cylinder engine. I bought her the next day after not even thinking that much about it. She has only 60,500 miles on it, and she's running perfectly.

Nice car...very reliability...
By batman on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

The milage has been great...city over 30 MPG...on the hiway it's close to 40 l have the EX model with 5 sp trans... i have this car for over 6 yrs....

To keep Or Not To Keep Is The Question.
By Kuma on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

This car is absolutely great. I have had no problems ever! My mom bought the car in 96 and I took it over in 98. It is so reliable. Gas mileage is great. I don't take care of the car to the best of my ability but I've never totally neglected it. If you want an affordable dependable mode of transportation Civic is the one.