1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
1996 Honda Civic LX
By JWS on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have just gotten my license in the last year and for my first car i bought my Honda Civic. So far ive had to replace an Oxygen sensor which set me back a couple hundred bucks. The power under the hood could be more but it does its job. Other than that i have no complaints. The car runs great and is really fun to drive. I would recomend a Honda to anyone who wants an affordable reliable car........

best purchase ever
By econgenius on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

How can you go wrong with one of these? I've had this car from day 1, and all i have spent money on is preventative maintnance. It's not going to out-pace a corvette, but it is a car you can count on to get you where u need to go. I've got 141,000 miles and i'm running it till the wheels fall off.

How to deal with High Gas Prices
By therock69 on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought the car in 8/2001. All the servicing I have had done are oil changes and changing the radiator fluid. I use the cheapest gas I can find. It gets 40+ highway miles to the gallon. How can I complain? Its probably one of the smartest purchases I've made in a long time.

Bad Quality
By A bad car on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

In 2nd month, window got stuck after paying toll on NJ Turnpike, had to drive the next 90 miles in freezing cold with wide open window. Afterwards, there was a big wind noise on the driver side window. The hatchback rattled all the time. Everytime the car went in for an oil change, I had service guy check it out. Every time he claimed it was fixed. It came back again. The AC broke down in the first summer. With skinny tires, the car changed lanes on its own whenever there's strong cross wind. Little power. Dealer ate the new car survey. Sold it after 3 years. Would never buy another Civic.

Best package ever
By ObsessedWithCivics on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for one year. It has 75k on it now; had 69k when I bought it. There have been ZERO problems, and I've grown to love it more and more. The engine can't be better-- it has a suprising amount of power for the fuel economy that it gets. I now believe if you buy any other subcompact car, you are either really braindead or haven't done your research.

this car is super cool
By Ken4238 on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I think this is the best car around, good looking, acceptable price, long lasting engine, i like it.

good car to own
By EXrocket on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This car is great. Not only is it easy to find aftermarket parts for it, but its easy to install and makes a great difference to the car. O bought the car @ 155,000 miles and the engine is still running strong. The person who had it before me took care of it very well. All you got to do is do the usual maintenence such as oil changes and tune ups, and this car will last for a long time. This is my sixth car and by far this is the most reliable car I've had. Simple bolt ons can be put into the car to improve performance and handling such as intake, new shocks & springs, and strut bars.

7yrs plus NO Problems reliability
By Civiclover on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in college in Jan. 1996 - it is Feb 2003 and I only replaced the muffler (due to the Chicago winters). This car is TOPS for Quality and Reliability. It HAS 159,000 miles on it and I expect 250k problem free miles. Love it and will keep it as long as possible. One wash every so often and it STILL looks new!!

7yrs plus NO Problems reliability
By CivicLover on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Happy Honda Owner
By honda owner on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This is a very good car. It's reliable and fun to drive. I initially purchased the car for my daughter. She drove it for the first 20,000 miles. I took it over after two years. I have been driving the car for 80,000 miles. I have not had any problems. The car is ready for its 100,000 mile service and I look forward to the next 100,000 miles.