Used 1996 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

96 civic
By nick

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a 2nd owner at 67,000 miles in 1999. As of 2008, It's at 161,000. It's only not started once because of a dead battery. I have changed oil 3500 - 4000 miles, timing belt/water pump at 90k. The power windows have been on and off because of a corroded connection between the drivers door and the body of car. Radio sometimes gets loud probably because of dirty volume knob assembly. I have an exhaust leak that I smell when I start the car. In summary, 9 years excellence service with constant 30+ mpg at a reasonable price.

12 years and still going strong
By mark machula

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I had this car given to me as a gift it had 28,000 kms at the time I have had it 3 years and 50,000 kms later and all I have done is change the oil every 5,000 kms new front brakes and tires. I am impressed it never breaks down. It is fun to drive and it has a lot of pep for an engine and car of it's size I am also impressed with its safety. I was in an accident last year with it. I hit another car head on driving 80 kmh and did not even suffer any injuries and my car was fixable. After that experience I feel very safe in my car. Over all I think Honda has built a great quality vehicle with this car.

Fuel economy, decent factory stereo, quick acceleration, short grippy brakes, Nice handling.

it could be more quiet on the highway,and a few more base options,tachometer would be nice

Great Reliable Car
By John

1996 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I'm the second owner of this car. It has 180K miles on it and is running perfectly. Great gas milage with 30/35 city/highway and a very comfortable commuter vehicle. It is easy to maintain (oil changes, filters, fluids, plugs, etc.) and is very reliable.

Reliability, great fuel economy, comfortable seating, and just plain fun to drive.

No Car payment
By Arthur Harts

1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Overall, I've owned 3 other Honda civics. Nothing beats the 1996. It's a tank and keeps on going no matter what goes wrong with it.

No power windows, no power door locks, no keyless entry, which equals more money in my pocket.

None that I know of.

LOVE my Civic
By Susan Rowland

1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

This Civic is a great little car. Reliable. fuel efficient, well mannered, and likable. I can't rate it highly enough.

Goes and goes and goes, and just needs its regular services.

Something prettier than gray interior would be nice.

• SUV