1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
mcknight's honda civic
By Charles Mcknight on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Hello I love my honda civic I just wish the interior was more of a factor while the design of this car was being made,although the comfirtability is great. In the near future I would like to see better quality as far as the material used when designing these interior products goes . Thanks Honda , Charles MCknight.

happy honda civic ex owner
By r b on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car brand new in '96. it has been a joy to drive and very reliable transportation mode. through aaa i landed the best pricing with their no haggles pricing agreement. i've kept consistent with the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual and haven't had a single extra- ordinary problem with this car. what a wonderful car.

Beloved Honda
By Nimble Simba on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Just sold it after 7 1/2 years. Will miss it a lot. Hardly any trouble at all; very quick, reliable. Only reason to sell was I wanted an Outback Sport. But can't recommend the Honda Civic hatchback highly enough.

Not that so reliable
By andrewl98 on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought a used 96'EX coupe two years ago because of its so called excellent reliability. BUT it's disappointing. Engine is noisy. A/C works, but wind speed adjustment is poor. No wind comes out at all at position 1 and 2. When I use position 3, hurricane start. Accelaration is not smooth. Beacuse of this(start not smoothly), I was subtracted 3 score when I took road test for my driver's licence. When I accelarate on the ramp of highway, I feel I am abusing or torturing this car. It struggled so hard but still make me feel I will be hitted by the car behind me. Thank those cars slow down in time, otherwise I can not seat here to write this.

Very well designed
By MR on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Never had a single problem in 2 years. Love the utility, reliability and looks. Plenty of room to haul stuff (if you need to). Not sure why so many people feel they need an SUV.

Wish I could give more than a 10
By Lodenk on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have loved Honda Civics for years now, and this year I got rid of my 92 LX and bought myself a 96 EX Coupe. I love it, the look the feel the fun. Its a great car, I have had 0 problems with it, the car is really easy to work and and a hell of a lot of fun to play with. I just wish the Edmunds had a better score than a 10.

awesome little car
By Pheng on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

i motor swapped this baby in a H22a engine and its jux a blast to see this hatchback run high 13's!!! wow, what an awesome timing for me

its all talk. you gotta represent.
By boohiss for civics on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

i bought a honda becuase i thought i could reley on it to provide me with good transproation. i bought the highest grade model, and things just started going wroge within two weeks of my car off the lot. my electircal system had to be completely rewired, my head had to be replaced, and my transmission was less than satisfactory. after two montehs with this car, i left my civic crap for a new cavalier, which has been much more reliable, and saved me about 3000 dollars, even after the hondas bills.

Excellent!
By josteelers on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This was the first car I ever bought. I bought it used, off a Honda Dealer and I got to say, so far, its been the best decision I've made! It is great on fuel, it looks great and it is very reliable. I just make sure I get oil changes every 3-4k miles, and its good to go. Since I've owned it, all that has need replaced are "wear and tear" items, such as brakes, tires, muffler, battery. The exterior still looks great - my car is black, and there are no rust spots, or chips in the paint - its still has the glossy finish.

Someone said you'd got to be brain dead
By hlteo on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Bought a 157k miles 98 LX from the 2nd owner who doesn't know what car maintenance means. She paid for all the quickie oil changes but the original timing belt is still there after 157k miles. Goes to tell you how amazing the car is built. Anyway, I bought it cheap and spent $800 on a major service including new timing belt, fan belt, water pump, etc... The transmission also did not get a fluid change in the last 135k miles!!! With a little TLC, this car will drive beyond 200k miles.