Used 1996 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda Civic
By brettF on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This is my second honda civic. I would state that this is a very reliable vehicle. I have never had mechanical problems in 10 years of driving these Civics!

Thank You, Honda for this great car.
By L.Mendes on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I Bought this car new in April 1996, and so far its been a great car with 58.000 miles. I change the oil every 3.000 miles. In 2002 I've replaced the Battery,Brakes,Tires and Muffler. Now,Married and one child on the way I will buy Honda again and this time a Pilot.

Great Car for young people
By Cinnie on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1998, and it has been wonderful. I never had any real problems with it, just upkeep, and gas. Although when I had a baby in 2001, it became very apparent that it wasn't a family vehicle. No room in the back for her now that she is 2, her feet have to rest on the seats, and I have to pull my seat up closer to the steering wheel, so I can't drive comfortably. If you are single, with no children, this is a great car!!!!

mcknight's honda civic
By Charles Mcknight on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Hello I love my honda civic I just wish the interior was more of a factor while the design of this car was being made,although the comfirtability is great. In the near future I would like to see better quality as far as the material used when designing these interior products goes . Thanks Honda , Charles MCknight.

happy honda civic ex owner
By r b on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car brand new in '96. it has been a joy to drive and very reliable transportation mode. through aaa i landed the best pricing with their no haggles pricing agreement. i've kept consistent with the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual and haven't had a single extra- ordinary problem with this car. what a wonderful car.

Beloved Honda
By Nimble Simba on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Just sold it after 7 1/2 years. Will miss it a lot. Hardly any trouble at all; very quick, reliable. Only reason to sell was I wanted an Outback Sport. But can't recommend the Honda Civic hatchback highly enough.

Not that so reliable
By andrewl98 on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought a used 96'EX coupe two years ago because of its so called excellent reliability. BUT it's disappointing. Engine is noisy. A/C works, but wind speed adjustment is poor. No wind comes out at all at position 1 and 2. When I use position 3, hurricane start. Accelaration is not smooth. Beacuse of this(start not smoothly), I was subtracted 3 score when I took road test for my driver's licence. When I accelarate on the ramp of highway, I feel I am abusing or torturing this car. It struggled so hard but still make me feel I will be hitted by the car behind me. Thank those cars slow down in time, otherwise I can not seat here to write this.

Very well designed
By MR on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Never had a single problem in 2 years. Love the utility, reliability and looks. Plenty of room to haul stuff (if you need to). Not sure why so many people feel they need an SUV.

Wish I could give more than a 10
By Lodenk on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have loved Honda Civics for years now, and this year I got rid of my 92 LX and bought myself a 96 EX Coupe. I love it, the look the feel the fun. Its a great car, I have had 0 problems with it, the car is really easy to work and and a hell of a lot of fun to play with. I just wish the Edmunds had a better score than a 10.

awesome little car
By Pheng on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

i motor swapped this baby in a H22a engine and its jux a blast to see this hatchback run high 13's!!! wow, what an awesome timing for me