1996 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Happy Honda Owner
By Honda Owner on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This is a very good car. It's reliable and fun to drive. I initially purchased the car for my daughter. She drove it for the first 20,000 miles. I took it over after two years. I have been driving the car for 80,000 miles. I have not had any problems. The car is ready for its 100,000 mile service and I look forward to the next 100,000 miles.

Happy Honda Owner
By honda owner on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

DRIVE ME HARD
By roadwarrior on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

1st owner. 80K mi. I push the car to the red line nearly every shift to get the power that I like, and the car seems to like the abuse. Oil changes and one a/c fix have been the extent of the repairs. Avg mpg=36. Predictable and fun to drive when the snow flies, as long as you put better tires on it. Stable and purring at 100mph, but engine unlikely to go over 105. Be ready to rev on uphill climbs.