1996 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Champion
By dago travers on 09/07/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I'm 66 and this car has been the most cost effective vehicle I've owned including motorcycles and as old as it is now I still consider it a beautiful frog and believe it will last as long as I. Thanks Honda

Great Lil Car
By eb_thatsme on 02/23/10 09:30 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Im in the military, and im a single mother. I got this car during the winter and was surprised as to how well it did on the roads in Italy [im in Pisa]. My daughters car seat actually fits quite well behind me while i drive and i drive comfortably.. [mind u im also 5'6] Its a great lil work car, i get awesome gas mileage [i only put about euro 40 in every two weeks]. This is just an awesome lil car. I do have dash problems, as in the display doesn't work, but all in all, great lil car. And amazing space!

best purchase ever
By econgenius on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

How can you go wrong with one of these? I've had this car from day 1, and all i have spent money on is preventative maintnance. It's not going to out-pace a corvette, but it is a car you can count on to get you where u need to go. I've got 141,000 miles and i'm running it till the wheels fall off.

DRIVE ME HARD
By roadwarrior on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

1st owner. 80K mi. I push the car to the red line nearly every shift to get the power that I like, and the car seems to like the abuse. Oil changes and one a/c fix have been the extent of the repairs. Avg mpg=36. Predictable and fun to drive when the snow flies, as long as you put better tires on it. Stable and purring at 100mph, but engine unlikely to go over 105. Be ready to rev on uphill climbs.