1996 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good reliable car
By bnguy15 on 01/23/09 12:50 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I have the midori green hatchback dx model. The car isn't fast by any means but it's really reliable. I like the storage capacity of the hatchback. It's a simple car and because of that simple maintenance will keep this car running for a very long time.

10 years still going strong
By Smoke_Jaguar4 on 03/25/06 14:43 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new. Since then I've driven it cross-country 3 times (fully loaded with stuff), through every possible climate and condition you can imagine. 10 years, 115K miles, it has never let me down once. All it needs is oil changes every 3K and regular service every 15K miles. Avg 38 MPG, quick around town, can haul more than some SUVs. The only downside is interior noise is a bit loud and the seats are not the most supportive. Only now am I seriously considering buying an other car (Honda Fit?) since this one has performed admirably.

Great car
By Aquafina on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Great car. Gets great mileage even when I beat on it. Took out the rear interior and ran a 17.4 on bald street tires at Bristol Motor Dragway. Paint was crappy from previous owner but it was repainted after hail damage and looks great.

Beloved Honda
By Nimble Simba on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Just sold it after 7 1/2 years. Will miss it a lot. Hardly any trouble at all; very quick, reliable. Only reason to sell was I wanted an Outback Sport. But can't recommend the Honda Civic hatchback highly enough.

Very well designed
By MR on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Never had a single problem in 2 years. Love the utility, reliability and looks. Plenty of room to haul stuff (if you need to). Not sure why so many people feel they need an SUV.

awesome little car
By Pheng on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

i motor swapped this baby in a H22a engine and its jux a blast to see this hatchback run high 13's!!! wow, what an awesome timing for me

Bad Quality
By A bad car on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

In 2nd month, window got stuck after paying toll on NJ Turnpike, had to drive the next 90 miles in freezing cold with wide open window. Afterwards, there was a big wind noise on the driver side window. The hatchback rattled all the time. Everytime the car went in for an oil change, I had service guy check it out. Every time he claimed it was fixed. It came back again. The AC broke down in the first summer. With skinny tires, the car changed lanes on its own whenever there's strong cross wind. Little power. Dealer ate the new car survey. Sold it after 3 years. Would never buy another Civic.

Happy Honda Owner
By honda owner on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This is a very good car. It's reliable and fun to drive. I initially purchased the car for my daughter. She drove it for the first 20,000 miles. I took it over after two years. I have been driving the car for 80,000 miles. I have not had any problems. The car is ready for its 100,000 mile service and I look forward to the next 100,000 miles.

Happy Honda Owner
By Honda Owner on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)