1996 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Champion
By dago travers on 09/07/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I'm 66 and this car has been the most cost effective vehicle I've owned including motorcycles and as old as it is now I still consider it a beautiful frog and believe it will last as long as I. Thanks Honda

Great Lil Car
By eb_thatsme on 02/23/10 09:30 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Im in the military, and im a single mother. I got this car during the winter and was surprised as to how well it did on the roads in Italy [im in Pisa]. My daughters car seat actually fits quite well behind me while i drive and i drive comfortably.. [mind u im also 5'6] Its a great lil work car, i get awesome gas mileage [i only put about euro 40 in every two weeks]. This is just an awesome lil car. I do have dash problems, as in the display doesn't work, but all in all, great lil car. And amazing space!

Good reliable car
By bnguy15 on 01/23/09 12:50 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I have the midori green hatchback dx model. The car isn't fast by any means but it's really reliable. I like the storage capacity of the hatchback. It's a simple car and because of that simple maintenance will keep this car running for a very long time.

10 years still going strong
By Smoke_Jaguar4 on 03/25/06 14:43 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new. Since then I've driven it cross-country 3 times (fully loaded with stuff), through every possible climate and condition you can imagine. 10 years, 115K miles, it has never let me down once. All it needs is oil changes every 3K and regular service every 15K miles. Avg 38 MPG, quick around town, can haul more than some SUVs. The only downside is interior noise is a bit loud and the seats are not the most supportive. Only now am I seriously considering buying an other car (Honda Fit?) since this one has performed admirably.

Great car
By Aquafina on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Great car. Gets great mileage even when I beat on it. Took out the rear interior and ran a 17.4 on bald street tires at Bristol Motor Dragway. Paint was crappy from previous owner but it was repainted after hail damage and looks great.

Beloved Honda
By Nimble Simba on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Just sold it after 7 1/2 years. Will miss it a lot. Hardly any trouble at all; very quick, reliable. Only reason to sell was I wanted an Outback Sport. But can't recommend the Honda Civic hatchback highly enough.

Very well designed
By MR on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Never had a single problem in 2 years. Love the utility, reliability and looks. Plenty of room to haul stuff (if you need to). Not sure why so many people feel they need an SUV.

awesome little car
By Pheng on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

i motor swapped this baby in a H22a engine and its jux a blast to see this hatchback run high 13's!!! wow, what an awesome timing for me

best purchase ever
By econgenius on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

How can you go wrong with one of these? I've had this car from day 1, and all i have spent money on is preventative maintnance. It's not going to out-pace a corvette, but it is a car you can count on to get you where u need to go. I've got 141,000 miles and i'm running it till the wheels fall off.

Bad Quality
By A bad car on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

In 2nd month, window got stuck after paying toll on NJ Turnpike, had to drive the next 90 miles in freezing cold with wide open window. Afterwards, there was a big wind noise on the driver side window. The hatchback rattled all the time. Everytime the car went in for an oil change, I had service guy check it out. Every time he claimed it was fixed. It came back again. The AC broke down in the first summer. With skinny tires, the car changed lanes on its own whenever there's strong cross wind. Little power. Dealer ate the new car survey. Sold it after 3 years. Would never buy another Civic.