1996 Honda Civic 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1996 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

HX Coupe (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
284,200 miles of civic HX quality
By ron on 08/03/08 19:00 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

It averages out to 23,683 mi/yr. crazy, huh? went through 1 month of self troubleshooting w/ egr and related systems, spent near $500 total incl getting the engines cooling channels (in the block) cleaned, 3 yrs ago. AVERAGED 43 mpg first 3-4 yrs,'dropped' to 40/41 next several yrs, the egr killed to 30-32, the fix brought it back to 35-37 mpg. The CVT tranny has been going out for, no b.s., the last 34k miles! I am STILL getting 35-37 mpg! The NEW Civics barely get this let alone any other domestic name out there. I wish I could of had the veh before or after this one from the production line and stored to drive it when this veh finally finds the big garage in the sky.

Owned Dozens, A SAVER and a KEEPER
By JeremyW on 02/13/06 22:09 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I've owned dozens of cars. With 40+ miles to the gallon and perfect reliability for almost 40,000 of the roughest miles an avid driver can put on it. THIS CAR IS A KEEPER!! If you purchase this car for a kid, the commute, or the environment, I am willing to bet you will never regret the decision. Bought for 5,500. 35+ thousand miles later sold for 4,500 WOW.

1997 HX Coupe Manual
By Josh on 06/22/05 18:00 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I am the 2nd owner of this family car, and I love it's reliability. It is not by any means a "performance" car however it is still very fun to drive and with 160,000 miles I am stil extremely happy, not to mention 40 mpg!

1996 Civic HX
By razzy on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

I drove this vehicle for 33,000 miles without any complaints. Great gas mileage, sporty feel, and fun to drive. I recomment the civic to anyone on a budget.

great
By Tdog101 on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Honda Civic HX 2dr Coupe

good car,has a fast vtec engine,runs great