Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My 25th car, and I love it.
By AMP

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Having owned many different types and models of cars now, I will have to say the Civic is my all time favorite. I've parted with all my cars in the past except for my Civic and my CRX, 2 of the best cars I have ever owned. I recently sold my 97 subaru for this 95 civic and I have no regrets. I've been in search for a Civic since my old 91 civic finally died out after 4 accidents and 258K miles. As long as you can find one that wasn't raced out, and maintained, everything will be fine. Yeah they ride just a tiny bit rough, but handle great, reliable, peppy, 38-45 mpg, and just a blast to drive. Make sure to install an alarm as these cars are hot.

The Civics in my opinion have had the best handling over the other Honda models. And the seats are great as well, a little more solid, and wrap around your back a little better.

On this particular model none. Working in a Honda dealership I compare my old 95 to the 07 Civics. And these feel a lot more solid and well built compared to the cheaper feeling of the 06-07 Civics.

it keeps going and going and going
By auhollid

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic, I have driven it across the country. It now has 208,000 mile and is still going. Just in the last year has it begun to need repairs. (Head work, air compressor, rear door interior)I am looking for a new car and hope my next car is as good as this one has been.

Gas mileage, 32 mpg with 200K miles!

N/A

Great Car
By ArtGirl

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I was thinking about buying a new car - something with a high safety rating. And because I now have 126,000 miles (although my mechanic keeps saying this is a great car and I have another 100,000 miles in it). But after reading the reviews in here on the cars that have high safety ratings and on my car, I think I'm going to keep this one for awhile. There's no bad reviews on this car. VW and Volvo both have some very negative reviews (hadn't made my way to Saab, Audi or Subaru yet). The car is getting a bit sluggish with age, but overall, it has great get up and go for a 4 cylinder.

Good gas mileage (I once got 44 mpg freeway. I average 26 to 31 mpg with an automatic). My mountain bike fits well in the trunk with the seat folded down. The radio and tape player have held up well. Until recently, has had great pick up and has driven well (a bit sluggish lately).

Improvements I'd like: better cup hold, an a/c and fan that work decently, more storage spaces off the front seat, if possible.

Honda Civic LX
By HondaGirl

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Overall, not a bad car. It has only left me stranded twice: when the plastic radiator cracked, alternator belt broke. Gets pretty good gas mileage. Now with 232,000 miles it is gone. Starter just went out, oil seals are leaking, and it leaked on the timing belt, back power windows leaking, trunk is leaking water from back window. This summer had the CV joints, brakes, and rotors replaced and it was driving like brand new. I got this car with 90K miles on it. We had a good run. Just remember to get the timing belt replaced every 90K miles and you will be fine. I got this car in college and it has lasted thru my first job, and it will be missed

Great gas mileage, Cold AC and Hot heat, comfortable seats, not bad looking

Very little power, you really have to punch it on the interstate to get above 60 Road noise is annoying on the interstate What's up with the back window seal? How strange that it leaks water into the trunk. Trunk is totally unusable when it is raining. Watch out. I ruined a good book back there.

Keeps going and going
By J Bruce

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this 5 years ago for daughter in HS. She has put about 40,000 miles on it. It has been extremely reliable, and we have only had to fix routine maint items. Was in major hailstorm, so repaired all dents, repainted and added chrome / alloy 16 inch wheels. Also added Sony CD player, new speakers, and auto start / remote locks. The car still looks new, and interior is holding up amazing for a 12 year old car. My daughter still likes the car, especially since it was repainted and customized, adding remote starter. Still gets 32 MPG on highway, low insurance costs, and hardly any repair costs. Not sure how much more you could ask of a car. The v-tech engine still runs great.

V-tech engine, styling, good interior materials, well built suspension, engine and transmission, great fuel mileage. Lots of lux features for economy car (is the EX model with sunroof, cruise, tilt, PW, PB and larger engine)

Door hardware could be better, brake rotors rust on Hondas - other than that, great car for the long run