1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic EX
By Larry Dawson jr on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

zero problems through the 137000

1995 Honda Civic Review
By D D on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Great reliability, fuel economy. Would highly recommend as a used car.

1995 CX hatch
By Chill on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I've just rolled 175K on mine & this thing has been bulletproof. It's still on the original clutch - can you believe that? This thing is a fuel sipper, I think I'm still getting around 35MPG on the hwy. Super cheap mode of transport, super reliable, everything I've ever wanted in a car. Mine doesn't even have A/C....power nothing....guess what, nothing broken on the car yet. Chris

Awesome little car
By RapierTL on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used from an original owner, and I am glad that he took care of it. My only gripe is that the car rattled a bit all over the place. But I soon fixed that.I have done a few mods, and it sounds great. It is a little slow, but I am planning on a turbo charger to make me faster than the mustang gt (my goal) The engine is of good quality, and can take a lot of abuse. Also, with tinted windows, a carbon fiber hood, 1 1/2 drop, and 17" rims, this car turns a lot of heads. :0)

pretty aint she
By James diggy on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from my sis at 116k miles. It is fun to drive, heater worked great, A/C sometimes is weak, just needs freon. worked great no big mechanical problems. The muffler had some trouble, but what do you expect with over 100k miles. It was a good car. The biggest problem that I have had with it though is Thieves. I owned the car for 1 year, and it was broken into and almost stolen once, and a couple days ago It was stolen and the punks ruined it. that is the problem with it, thieves love these things, and apparently they are easy to still 'cause 3 other civics were stolen in my same neighborhood and we have a relatively low crime rate.

Fun Drive, great on fuel economy
By SIU Salukis on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I checked out virtually all compacts available on market when I purchased. Civic sub-compact faster than all compacts! Great in comfort, no-brainer purchase at time. Only one major repair done, they say it was dirty gas, not sure, valve stuck open. Otherwise, no problems. Gas mileage is great, hardly ever hit the pumps. Get this, battery is original going on 9 years! It doesn't take much to start a sewing machine! I recommend '96 and above, because by then you have side- impact beams for safety. That was my only hesitation on original purchase.

Truly is fun to drive.
By New Civic lover on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Just purchased a 95 Civic DX coupe. I have read reviews like these ones, with such great reviews and good reports. I did my research before purchasing and I was NOT dissapointed what so ever. Consumer Reports rates Civics as being fun to drive and reliable, being one of the most appealing reasons why I bought it. The car seems like the gas gauge never even moves after hours of city driving. The car is very zippy and handles great. The styling is a nice plus. Don't like the fact civics are everywhere??? Well think about this, everyone has civics because they really are great cars.

Tried&True-most reliable car of 6 owned!
By Hondalvr on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have had a lot of nightmares with used cars, and this one has been amazing. 3.5 years with not one single problem. Fun to drive, at least 30 mpg, usually 33mpg. One of the safest, acc. to Consumer reports. The only reason I am selling is because I'm moving. If I could, I would drive it until it died (which wouldn't be until at least 250k miles, I'm convinced!), and I would get more than my money's worth. These cars are definitely worth way more than they sell for!!

very satisfied honda civic owner
By elwood on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I am a very satisfied honda civic owner. Bought it new at the dealership and it still starts on a dime 101,000 miles later. No repairs -- ever. Just normal manintenance.

First car
By Matt Gr. on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My parents bought me this car just one month ago, and I'm already thrilled with it. The ride is excellent, the engine zippy, and the fuel economy is perfect for a teenager without a job, like me. The power windows are a little creaky, but no problems so far. Also, two hubcaps fell off, but that's most likely because CarMax didn't fasten them on well when they put on new tires.