Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Strong Compacted Car!
By Alex

1995 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

This car is one of the best hatchbacks honda made. The car is very reliable and that 1.6 L vtec engine is very promising. Very happy with my honda, i might keep it forever and give it to my future son. Gas mileage is good too! less than 30 dollars to fill it up!

Once vtec kicks in...bye bye!The look of the car, cheap replacement parts, more bang for the buck, after 200k mile rebuild, it will last long, Cheap performance parts.

The B16 engine would be nice. Cup holder was a pain! Even a small drink at mcdonalds will bring chaos. (believe me). Better looking factory wheels would be nice. Better anti theft device (trust me you will need it)

Excellent Quality and Reliability
By Alfredo

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year with 110,000 miles and now at 125,000 it has never let me stranded, I drive 100 miles per day with an impressive 30 mpg using A/C. I have never visited a repair shop except for changing tires and timing belt and brake pads, which you have to replace in every car due to normal wear. I am a student and let me tell you is the best decision I've ever made, Hondas are reliable, economical and excellently well built, when I graduate I think I'll keep it as a second car. Forget Bimmers Saabs or Jags, if you want luxury get an Acura which is basically a Honda with the luxury package!

Gas mileage is still at an impressive 30 mpg at 125K miles Very low depreciation!!! Reliable very Reliable!!

Cup holders are kind of useless and badly placed Rear toe adjustment should be possible with simple wheel alignment CV joints: Check them More HP wouldn't hurt either

95 civic
By redsox88

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 3 years and it now has 160K miles on it. The manual transmission shifts very nicely and it's very easy to drive. Gas prices keep getting higher but I can still put gas in and not break 30 dollars. The only repairs I have had to get with it have been regular maintenance. It has been a great car.

Reliability, Great fuel economy, the moonroof, and with a small engine it goes quick.

The cup holders and it needs more compartments.

The Most Amazing Gas Mileage... Ever
By bomoellobo

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

My '95 Honda Civic (standard, not automatic) has been a real treat for me after starting out driving Lincoln Town Cars. When I was getting into the 30s for gas mileage, I was quite pleased. When I got 40 MPG, I was tickled pink. And when I got 45 MPG on the highway, I thought that couldn't be beat. Good God, was I wrong. On a 136-mile trip from Portland, ME, to Bangor, ME, I averaged about 62 MPG. 62. I used 2.183 gallons to fill my tank after clocking 136 miles from the last full tank. I could not believe it. There was no error in my math or in the numbers I used. This car is an amazing machine, and I will run this thing until the day it can't run anymore.

Incredible gas mileage Size Fun to drive

Bigger cup holders. I realize these cars were designed when only cans were around & no plastic bottles had come along, but really. These tiny cup holders aren't working for me.

Sports Coupe
By ERL

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new in 1995. It was absolutely superb while we owned it. The EX model with the VTEC system provides a very good amount of power at high revs although it is gutless down low. The car was very reliable and the Acoustic Research stereo was good for its era. The handling got worse as it aged, but it was still pretty tight and sporty 13 years on. The five-speed manual is necessary. The interior was very well made with great dash and door panel material. This is, in effect, a sports coupe -- not an economy car. It is also great in the snow (with Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires) The reliability could also not be beat. A wonderful car.

VTEC, 5-Speed Manual, Sunroof, AR Stereo, Chrome Exhaust Tip

Alloy wheels should have been standard on the EX. The air conditioning was miserable and the least reliable part of the car.