1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
'95 Civic EX Coupe
By Mike on 12/20/05 12:08 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

What can I say? It's a Honda. It's a great car. When I bought mine, it had 85k on it, now it has around 130k and running strong. Starts every day, runs like a beast. The thing I like is the amount of aftermarket parts. The B16A should've been offered.Even though you can get a 5-spd, more power could have been nice although it has a decent amount. It could've had a little more room in the back seats, but nontheless, it's comfortable. I drive pretty hard sometimes and I've --NEVER-- had any problems with it. I just take it and get the oil changed every 3k miles and have things serviced. It's a very sporty, well-built car and I would --- HIGHLY---- recommend this car to anyone.

Bring Back The Economical Hatchbacks!
By Mary on 11/28/05 03:06 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car since 1997, and the previous owner was going to do an engine swap, but I stopped him by offering a reasonable amount of money. I can tell you that I do not regret buying this car at all. I love how people with gas-guzzling SUVs get surprised at how much this car can carry. Since now, it has been trouble free, and it is very simple and cheap to maintain. Seats are still comfortable. It's environment friendly. I even sold my 97 BMW M3 just to keep my Civic VX. It may not be as fast, but i'd rather have a safer, reliable, cleaner, more fuel economical car that promises to start every time you turn the key!

Red Civic
By Little red Civic on 11/02/05 22:43 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in July as I knew the owner. It gets thirty plus mpg but I have gotten over 40 mpg on a trip. So far have put a set of front brakes and rotors, a muffler and adjusted the valves. It has 170000 miles and feels like it's good for that many more.

95 Honda Civic
By alacy on 09/04/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This car is fun, comfortable, reliable, awesome. One of the best compact cars of all time

I like my car
By Maria on 07/26/05 00:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I've been driving this car for 4 years and it's already 10 yrs old, with 170K miles. It still drives great and I have not invested much at all in repairs. It's extremely reliable. I highly recommend this car.

best ever
By ckhatchblack on 03/05/05 19:45 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

i bought my 1995 civic in 2001 as a winter car. there was 334000 km on it then, and it was in a fender bender. There is now 445000 on it now. Fourth timing belt, same clutch. First owner put 317000 on it, sold insurance, oil change every 2 weeks. 45 miles to the gallon winter, the hotter the summer the better - it is 50 plus miles. All i have replaced is tires, exhaust, rad, doesn't burn any oil. I still change often.

Reliable
By Rick on 02/02/05 13:04 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Wife's car because I trust it's dependabilty. Broke a timing belt (my fault, should have had it changed at 100000). We've got 175000 on it and it keeps running. A little noisey but we're used to it now.

My fun little baby
By Gryphyn on 11/25/04 19:46 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at 108000 miles, and it was still running smooth. Everything in the car was manual... tranny, windows, locks. the previous owner recently replaced the clutch and belts, so it has smooth shifting and runs nicely. I put wider tires on it and it just a great drive every time i go out.

greatest car i ever owned
By deviousmind on 11/14/04 01:02 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

this is the best car i have ever owned! to bad some chick crashed into me and it got totaled! i loved everything about the car. the only thing it lacked was its 1.6 liter vtec engine putting out only 125 horses, put with a few mods it does fairly well. great mileage, great looks, nice and comfortable! i had the car from day one and i would drive it as hard as possible and it never had a problem.

we've been through a lot together
By ghst99 on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car way back in 97 with 75000 miles already on it. I drove it from California to Massachusetts and all the way down the East coast a couple of times then to Texas. In my time in the North East it handled great in the snow, The Body rusted a little, I had to change the brakes and cv joints once. It passed inspection everytime and I recently sold it for 2500 with 140000 miles on it! Great car, great resale value. Good bye old friend.