Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

turned me into a hondaphile
By Beccah

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is my fourth car and I don't think I'm ever gonna buy anything but a Honda ever again. This is by far the best car Ive ever owned. Until now, I never thought I could actually LOVE a car. I actually named it! Friday, because that's when I bought it and it's practical and fun just like the day of the week! This is also the first manual I've owned and out of all the manual trans cars I've driven, this car is by far the easiest and most fun to drive even though 3rd gear grinds a bit and the power steering is out (not like it needs it!). I probably paid about $1000 too much for this car but I will save that much in gas and parts this year alone. All in all, its worth every overpaid penny. ;)

Favorite Features

v-tech engine, shifting ease, body style, reliability, gas mileage, handling, engine sound, smell LOL, wondrous availability of parts and mods for super cheap!

Suggested Improvements

CUP HOLDERS! it doesn't have cup holders, it has juicebox holders, because that's about all they're good for. The sunroof and window motors are kinda weak but that's to be expected after 15 years which is more than I can say for my Pontiac grand prix!.

All round great
By vj

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

My brother gave me his old 95 Honda and I really like this car and will be sad when it finally bites the dust. Has over 300,000 kms and the only problem is occasional over-heating, which I've narrowed down to slight cracks in the head causing coolant leaks - I think. The body rusts around the rear wheel-wells too, due to all the road salt in winter here. Cornering is fun, the manual steering enjoyable and absorbs you in the joy of piloting (apparently there is no such thing as manual steering in a car anymore - a pity). I used to ride my motorbike and this car feels closer to that than most other cars. A manual civic is a simple efficient fun-car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, lots interior room for throwing in a bicycle or plants, good all round visibility, amazing mileage, sturdy stance on the road in wind, nicely aerodynamic, and teal blue is my favourite colour.

Suggested Improvements

Body rusts out too quickly.

Great Car
By AlwaysBored

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I got this car as a first car and love it. It's a great car and very fun to drive even on long road trips. It has never let me down and runs as though it's brand new. The gas mileage is great and I love how I can drive an almost 15 year old car and not have to worry about gas. I do wish it had a better alarm though, I'm afraid to make any big changes and get it stolen, I'd be crushed if it was. Would definitely recommend this car, especially the EX.

Favorite Features

1.6 L VTEC, comfort, handling, reliability, easy to repair/modify, very fun to drive (especially the manuals).

Suggested Improvements

Window/sunroof motors, cup holders (almost useless), alarm system.

Miss it
By Tom

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

It was slower than a sick elephant and needed third gear to get up steep hills but still a blast to drive. So light and low that it cornered at 25-30 mph with no squealing from its cheap little tires. Loved the styling inside and out. Still looks cool even though the design dates to 1991. Shame its cosmetic quality wasn't the same as its mechanical quality. Never cost me a dime other than regular maintenance but the paint job was bad and it started rusting like crazy around 10 years of age. Mine was an automatic, which didn't do the tiny engine any favors and sucked gas. A car this small should get better than 25 mpg in the city. But so cheap to own and run and so fun at the same time.

Favorite Features

Styling, tossability, flawlessly reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Resistance in the wiper control stalk wore down to the point where the stalk will fall down when you go over a bump and turn the wipers on. Window and sunroof motors wearing out and need WD40 every few weeks. MPG should be better. Sometimes headlights didn't work in cold weather.

Strong Compacted Car!
By Alex

1995 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

This car is one of the best hatchbacks honda made. The car is very reliable and that 1.6 L vtec engine is very promising. Very happy with my honda, i might keep it forever and give it to my future son. Gas mileage is good too! less than 30 dollars to fill it up!

Favorite Features

Once vtec kicks in...bye bye!The look of the car, cheap replacement parts, more bang for the buck, after 200k mile rebuild, it will last long, Cheap performance parts.

Suggested Improvements

The B16 engine would be nice. Cup holder was a pain! Even a small drink at mcdonalds will bring chaos. (believe me). Better looking factory wheels would be nice. Better anti theft device (trust me you will need it)