1995 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Reliable Decent Transportation
By Snarks on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

A great reliable car. A bit noisy especially in comparison to new cars. I bought it knowing it was reliable and it has remained to this point in time with 191,000 miles. Just regualar maintenance and wear items nothing unexpected or catastrophic failed. It does everything pretty adequately except accels in fuel economy and reliablity, I recommend this car. I plan on running into the ground hopefully it will carry me through 2-3 years of grad school.

The title should go here
By froggy on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Well... its been a few years since I bought my Civic. It has never left me stranded and if I didn't drive like a maniac woman, then it would probably be in better condition! What can I say its a Honda, its not going to die, unless you beat it to death, and even then it still won't die. I too have noticed the rough tranny shift in the autos. Thinking about swapping out the engine and transmission soon because I need more power! Not sure, might just buy a new car.

Theft
By shanzon10 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This was a great car for me, loved every mile I drove in it. Reccomendation for new buyers: Make sure to spend at least $150plus on a good alarm system. Mine is now in the junkyard because I failed to do so. Otherwise this is a great car, and good looking as well.

Perfect Car
By meltron+HondaLove on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I couldn't be more happy with my Civic. It is a blast to drive and looks excellent. The car has 94000+ miles on it and has never had any of the original parts replaced! It is excellent on gas. Went 313 miles on one full tank of 87 unleaded. Parts are cheap as is the maintanence. I have a 5spd manual and the throttle delivery is fine on freeways. Enjoy your Honda. It won't treat you bad. Just watch out for shady salesmen and get a good clean, mechanically sound car no matter what you buy.

ALL I CAN SAY IS RELIABILITY
By DX QUEEN on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Honda back in 1998 with 35000 miles on it. I now have 85000 miles on this. The body works rusts a bit but with the money you save from having to repair major "under the hood" problems, you could get a new paint job. Passed inspection all 5 years with only needing tires...(too good to be true).....

Civic
By JimmyD on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have had it about nine months. So far no problems. Bought it used with 115000 miles, had the timming belt changed and all maintenance done right after I bought it.

sweet thang
By studly male on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I think that the honda Civic 2 door Ex coupe is one of the best vehicles of that year. Not only does it look good it also performes well. Plus for a high school kid it is very fuel efficient. I can also soup it up make look even nicer.

civic are great, but better if stick
By johnny_gizmo on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I needed a car and without hesitation I bought a civic, too bad it wasn't ex. I bought the car 3 months ago, and everything is great, except for that it does not bring a clock and tachometer. My auto civic is great, but after driving it as a stick-shift it runs even better. The interior is great as well as the body. Too bad Honda is moving away from sleek-looking cars to building spaceships on wheels. But if I had to buy another car it would definitely be a 1992-00 Honda.

A good "every day" car!!
By Rank on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

First, I must apologise for the not so good quality of my english... So, my '93 Chevy broked down last april and I bought this 150 000 Km Honda Civic knowing that its not a sport car, but an economic one! It's realy good at what it is suposed to do! But, I love powerfull cars... so... The 102hp/98lbs.ft. is not satisfying my need for speed! but she's good with my wallet! The most fun to have with a Civic is... at the gas station! but, it still handle very well and, with a manual transmission, it is possible to pass the slow ones on the highway!

love my little civic
By wudini on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

When i bought my Civic 2 months ago it had 107,000 miles on it. the car, when new, had a proposed 125hp, i had the car dyno'd after a few upgrades and it topped off at 141hp @ 6800RPMs. not bad for a >100k mile car. my only problem is that the automatic tranny changes gears roughly...although this is a known problem with this model civic...and some auto tranny lube and conditioner helps dramatically.