1995 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Red Civic
By Little red Civic on 11/02/05 22:43 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in July as I knew the owner. It gets thirty plus mpg but I have gotten over 40 mpg on a trip. So far have put a set of front brakes and rotors, a muffler and adjusted the valves. It has 170000 miles and feels like it's good for that many more.

Reliable
By Rick on 02/02/05 13:04 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Wife's car because I trust it's dependabilty. Broke a timing belt (my fault, should have had it changed at 100000). We've got 175000 on it and it keeps running. A little noisey but we're used to it now.

great car
By shuksan on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

the best car i've ever owned. replaced brake pads once, timing belt once (as a precautionary measure) and tires twice. have had no mechanical problems with the vehicle at all. did not have rustproofing and wax it once a year and still have no rust. would not hesitate to buy another.

Fun to drive and very reliable.
By Dirtbikerprn1 on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic. i have had it for almost three years and now it has 100000mi. The gas mileage is still great, i still get 37-39 mpg with only some highway miles. i am starting to have a problem with my speed sensor but thats about it.

Great little car -- 180k and still going
By bobanahalf on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car goes and goes. Regular maintanence is all it's asked for. I commute 100 miles a day--often in lots of snow--and it's never let me down. Especially nice at the fuel pump.

Affordable & Reliable!
By tearacy on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car brand new in 1995 and 9 years later am still impressed by its reliability. The Civic is the perfect first car to buy: great fuel efficiency, good rear leg room, nice exterior look, interior has held up very well. This is the best deal in its price range and car class.

1995 Honda Civic Review
By D D on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great reliability, fuel economy. Would highly recommend as a used car.

pretty aint she
By James diggy on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from my sis at 116k miles. It is fun to drive, heater worked great, A/C sometimes is weak, just needs freon. worked great no big mechanical problems. The muffler had some trouble, but what do you expect with over 100k miles. It was a good car. The biggest problem that I have had with it though is Thieves. I owned the car for 1 year, and it was broken into and almost stolen once, and a couple days ago It was stolen and the punks ruined it. that is the problem with it, thieves love these things, and apparently they are easy to still 'cause 3 other civics were stolen in my same neighborhood and we have a relatively low crime rate.

Fun Drive, great on fuel economy
By SIU Salukis on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I checked out virtually all compacts available on market when I purchased. Civic sub-compact faster than all compacts! Great in comfort, no-brainer purchase at time. Only one major repair done, they say it was dirty gas, not sure, valve stuck open. Otherwise, no problems. Gas mileage is great, hardly ever hit the pumps. Get this, battery is original going on 9 years! It doesn't take much to start a sewing machine! I recommend '96 and above, because by then you have side- impact beams for safety. That was my only hesitation on original purchase.

Tried&True-most reliable car of 6 owned!
By Hondalvr on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had a lot of nightmares with used cars, and this one has been amazing. 3.5 years with not one single problem. Fun to drive, at least 30 mpg, usually 33mpg. One of the safest, acc. to Consumer reports. The only reason I am selling is because I'm moving. If I could, I would drive it until it died (which wouldn't be until at least 250k miles, I'm convinced!), and I would get more than my money's worth. These cars are definitely worth way more than they sell for!!