Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car
By AL STEIN

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 10 years and it has never given me any trouble at all. If you need a no worries around town car you can not go wrong. Fun to drive, sips gas and my 5 speed manual has enough zoom to keep all but sports car types happy. Unless I need a sedan for my new child I will buy another Civic for my next car (if this one ever dies!!)

Favorite Features

Reliability and fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Better seats

Transparent
By NGB

1995 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

Bought this new and it's been simple and affordable to own. It's been pretty transparent in the sense that I don't have to think about whether or not it will work or get me where I want to go.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Alarm when lights left on

95 Honda Civic EX
By honda

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

CV joints were the only thing (other than brakes and tires) I replaced on this car.

Favorite Features

Sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holder and add a trunk light.

'95 Civic EX Coupe
By Mike

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

What can I say? It's a Honda. It's a great car. When I bought mine, it had 85k on it, now it has around 130k and running strong. Starts every day, runs like a beast. The thing I like is the amount of aftermarket parts. The B16A should've been offered.Even though you can get a 5-spd, more power could have been nice although it has a decent amount. It could've had a little more room in the back seats, but nontheless, it's comfortable. I drive pretty hard sometimes and I've --NEVER-- had any problems with it. I just take it and get the oil changed every 3k miles and have things serviced. It's a very sporty, well-built car and I would --- HIGHLY---- recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

sportiness comfort extremely fuel efficient parts available RELIABILITY easy to work on & modify

Suggested Improvements

-Should have been available with B16A (power) -not much interior room

Bring Back The Economical Hatchbacks!
By Mary

1995 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car since 1997, and the previous owner was going to do an engine swap, but I stopped him by offering a reasonable amount of money. I can tell you that I do not regret buying this car at all. I love how people with gas-guzzling SUVs get surprised at how much this car can carry. Since now, it has been trouble free, and it is very simple and cheap to maintain. Seats are still comfortable. It's environment friendly. I even sold my 97 BMW M3 just to keep my Civic VX. It may not be as fast, but i'd rather have a safer, reliable, cleaner, more fuel economical car that promises to start every time you turn the key!

Favorite Features

Wallet friendly, gas milage is up to 50+ miles, easy to maintain, Greencar status (so you don't feel guilty whenever you drive it), parts are for cheap, very light weight, luggage capacity, warm fuzzy feeling catches you whenever you stare at it.

Suggested Improvements

Honda, just bring these light-weight econo-hatchbacks back to your lineup!!!