Used 1995 Honda Civic DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I love my Honda
By katemeister

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car last year and have put well over 30k. The guy I bought it from figured it must be getting old at 230k for miles. Now at 266k it still goes and goes. I had to put a transmission in it when I got it. (which I got for $140 used and installed only into it less that $500). All I ever have to do is put oil in it .

Favorite Features

Awesome gas mileage. Runs smooth

Suggested Improvements

Dents really easy. Lol

Wouldn't suggest it to a friend
By SkyNightMoon

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I Got a 95 civic dx i disliked almost everything about it the looks, it's not my type of car, i mean it got great gas mileage, that's about it

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

the style...

Most reliable car
By Gorila Gorillon

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and still running. The sad part is a recent car accident may make me part with it. Otherwise, I planned to drive it until the odometer started at 0 again.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and all that fabulous trunk space. Perfect for college moves and later, as a parent, fitting that stroller.

Suggested Improvements

Would raise the ceiling a little bit. My tall husband keeps bumping his head on the top.

My favorite car
By alalime

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the 1995 civic with 8,000 miles on it, and I put 190,000 miles on it before the head gasket blew. With regular maintenance, these cars just keep running. My only gripe about it is the body started to give out before the motor .

The Most Amazing Gas Mileage... Ever
By bomoellobo

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My '95 Honda Civic (standard, not automatic) has been a real treat for me after starting out driving Lincoln Town Cars. When I was getting into the 30s for gas mileage, I was quite pleased. When I got 40 MPG, I was tickled pink. And when I got 45 MPG on the highway, I thought that couldn't be beat. Good God, was I wrong. On a 136-mile trip from Portland, ME, to Bangor, ME, I averaged about 62 MPG. 62. I used 2.183 gallons to fill my tank after clocking 136 miles from the last full tank. I could not believe it. There was no error in my math or in the numbers I used. This car is an amazing machine, and I will run this thing until the day it can't run anymore.

Favorite Features

Incredible gas mileage Size Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Bigger cup holders. I realize these cars were designed when only cans were around & no plastic bottles had come along, but really. These tiny cup holders aren't working for me.