1995 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love my Honda
By katemeister on 12/22/11 16:09 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car last year and have put well over 30k. The guy I bought it from figured it must be getting old at 230k for miles. Now at 266k it still goes and goes. I had to put a transmission in it when I got it. (which I got for $140 used and installed only into it less that $500). All I ever have to do is put oil in it .

Wouldn't suggest it to a friend
By SkyNightMoon on 08/21/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I Got a 95 civic dx i disliked almost everything about it the looks, it's not my type of car, i mean it got great gas mileage, that's about it

Most reliable car
By Gorila Gorillon on 10/07/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and still running. The sad part is a recent car accident may make me part with it. Otherwise, I planned to drive it until the odometer started at 0 again.

My favorite car
By alalime on 05/12/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the 1995 civic with 8,000 miles on it, and I put 190,000 miles on it before the head gasket blew. With regular maintenance, these cars just keep running. My only gripe about it is the body started to give out before the motor .

The Most Amazing Gas Mileage... Ever
By bomoellobo on 07/02/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My '95 Honda Civic (standard, not automatic) has been a real treat for me after starting out driving Lincoln Town Cars. When I was getting into the 30s for gas mileage, I was quite pleased. When I got 40 MPG, I was tickled pink. And when I got 45 MPG on the highway, I thought that couldn't be beat. Good God, was I wrong. On a 136-mile trip from Portland, ME, to Bangor, ME, I averaged about 62 MPG. 62. I used 2.183 gallons to fill my tank after clocking 136 miles from the last full tank. I could not believe it. There was no error in my math or in the numbers I used. This car is an amazing machine, and I will run this thing until the day it can't run anymore.

Always there
By Ron on 07/11/07 08:04 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car always been there for me. For a full tank of gas could get me to far away places and never did complain. Except for a change of struts It never stayed in repair shop too long. And now that I'm passing this car to a friend, I feel like I'm losing a friend.

The Most Reliable Car Out There
By mer on 05/11/07 18:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since 1995 and I can say hands down this is the most reliable car I have ever had. It has not broken down once. I have taken it for regular maintenance repairs and some work on the A/C and that is it! It is not the best looking car in the world but it is fun. It also not the most powerful car but it has good fuel economy, well with the new fuel efficient cars it is no longer the best but it is good. Overall, I really love this car, I will always try to buy Hondas I have to say it is a great car.

Red Civic
By Little red Civic on 11/02/05 22:43 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in July as I knew the owner. It gets thirty plus mpg but I have gotten over 40 mpg on a trip. So far have put a set of front brakes and rotors, a muffler and adjusted the valves. It has 170000 miles and feels like it's good for that many more.

Reliable
By Rick on 02/02/05 13:04 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Wife's car because I trust it's dependabilty. Broke a timing belt (my fault, should have had it changed at 100000). We've got 175000 on it and it keeps running. A little noisey but we're used to it now.

Affordable & Reliable!
By tearacy on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car brand new in 1995 and 9 years later am still impressed by its reliability. The Civic is the perfect first car to buy: great fuel efficiency, good rear leg room, nice exterior look, interior has held up very well. This is the best deal in its price range and car class.