1995 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
This car will be the death of me
By haili73 on 06/05/13 20:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Ever since we bought this car, it has given me nothing but problems. The first day I had it, the passenger door handle broke, next the windshield wipers fell off. The car doesn't beep at me when I leave the lights on, which resulted in several dead batteries. (yes, I realize that this is operator error, but still) It broke down four hours from home, leaving me stuck in gas/service station for a day and a half. Just about everything was wrong with it...timing belt (which we specifically were told was fine) radiator, among other issues. Then the AC went out...then something else broke down, it started making funny noises and shuddering, smelling weird, acting like a stick shift...it's scary.

Best car ever!
By megsiep52 on 04/28/13 22:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 202k miles on it. I've had it just over a year and it's not got 220k. It consistently gets 39 mpg combined (it has the 1.5L Vtec motor). We've had to put some work into it; CV axles, tie rods, control arms and ball joints; but this has been well worth the time and $ put into it. This car gets better city gas mileage than just about ANY new car. And with it being 18 years old with 220k miles on it? It drives like new! The paint is fading but we're going to have a paint job done. For a completely STOCK car this is the best buy out there!

I love my Honda
By katemeister on 12/22/11 16:09 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car last year and have put well over 30k. The guy I bought it from figured it must be getting old at 230k for miles. Now at 266k it still goes and goes. I had to put a transmission in it when I got it. (which I got for $140 used and installed only into it less that $500). All I ever have to do is put oil in it .

Will this car ever die?
By CN on 08/29/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

It just runs and runs. At this point I might simply keep another 3 yrs and give to my kid. At 156,000 miles, this puppy is still running strong, no blue smoke. I simply change oil regularly and perform general maintenance; CV boots, brakes, oil, wiper blades, etc. Generally speaking minimal repairs. I've saved a boat-load of money driving this car for so many years. It's comfortable, zippy, easy to park. I wish I had bought the sun roof model back the. My next one will have all the bells and whistles as I've had many years to save money to buy now. Great car!

Wouldn't suggest it to a friend
By SkyNightMoon on 08/21/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I Got a 95 civic dx i disliked almost everything about it the looks, it's not my type of car, i mean it got great gas mileage, that's about it

Simple, Efficient, Comfortable
By Code on 04/02/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Since day 1, this machine ran like a dream. Its independent Coil over suspension gives it a soft ride over ridged bumps and yet stiff enough not to flip when taking quick corners. Mine was in pretty ruff shape, the dash board was all broken because somebody wanted a stock radio, the wiper blade switch was busted, and the exhaust system. I installed a Cat-back exhaust on mine, not for show but because I don't want to be robed of performance from the garbage muffler that was on there. Has surprisingly more room then my last car, the power windows are a plus, for me! The underbelly of the car was coated with Rhino Lining, NO RUST! quarter panels are almost gone! Big trunk!

Most reliable car
By Gorila Gorillon on 10/07/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new and still running. The sad part is a recent car accident may make me part with it. Otherwise, I planned to drive it until the odometer started at 0 again.

Good rep, bad car
By aec239 on 05/20/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Have had my '95 LX for just over a year and it's sitting on Craigslist waiting for someone to buy it. The car is extremely slow, even with the manual trans. It's tiny which is only good for parallel parking, only fits about 2 adults comfortably. Gas mileage is AWESOME (36 mpg in the city) which is the reason I bought it when gas was almost at $5. If you're a single person that commutes with no kids, pets, or stuff to carry around than it's an ok car. I've found that the car is completely rusted out underneath when a piece of my exhaust fell off on the highway (and you can only go 70 mph or the little engine will blow up). CV joints and rack boots need replacing every year.

My favorite car
By alalime on 05/12/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought the 1995 civic with 8,000 miles on it, and I put 190,000 miles on it before the head gasket blew. With regular maintenance, these cars just keep running. My only gripe about it is the body started to give out before the motor .

Most reliable car
By Breath on 04/23/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a hold-me-over for $300 with 212,000 miles. I have had it for 6 months now and it has done nothing but save me money and get me to where I want to go. I have been beating on this car from day one, taking it off roading, bottoming out, e-brake slides, smashing into snow banks, and just having fun with it, yet it still will not die. $18 fills the tank, drives everywhere, and I don't even think when I put gas in it. Insurance is cheap..no problems. The trunk leaks, I'm not sure if that is a regularly occurring problem or something from the previous owner. Also, my speakers don't work.

1 2 3 4 5 next »