Used 1995 Honda Civic DX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best car everrr!
By andreroman21

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Purchased the car from my brother 2 years ago. A few things were done to it including an engine swap from a japanese civic SiR-II(170HP) and cloth seats from a 2001 Integra, as well as 2001 Integra GS-R rims. It is amazing on gas averaging about 40mpg hwy and has alot of oomph when I need it. I use it to commute to my job about 26 miles a day. I use synthetic oil and change oil as suggested as well as spark plugs. I have had no problems with the car as of yet. I love the looks of the car. Very unique... Honda really should put out a new hatchback model. I wont be getting rid of this car for a long long time. Exterior is stock except for coilovers and fresh paintjob. I get alot of compliments

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity of hatch, great interior design, clean subtle sporty exterior design, good for parking, MPG, reliablity

Suggested Improvements

cupholders.... I think thats the only thing that was dissapointing. Theyre very small when you look at how big 7 Eleven Big Gulp and fast food drinks have grown since 1995.

Great commuter
By Chiplayer

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

The car is great! I got the car with only 44,000 original miles a few months ago and the car is 15 years old! I could not believe it and the independent dealer I bought it from seemed to be insulted when I indirectly suggested the mileage couldn't be right. I bought a carfax report right after I bought it and sure enough, the car had one owner and the mileage was right on! The greatest deal I ever got on a car! The body has a couple of bangs and the paint is faded and peeling but who cares the interior is 'cherry' and the engine like new! Too bad these cars are one of the most stolen cars out there. It's okay, I sleep with a bat and I am not referring to my wife!

Favorite Features

The car is small and cozy. I like the fact that I'm not some idoit using up a lot of money for gas and polluting the air so much.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to come standard with rear speakers. It can get a bit crowded in the rear especially when having fatter passengers. Needs a 'real' cup holder closer to the driver and maybe an arm rest.