1995 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car / Great Mileage
By kendaddy126 on 05/22/12 13:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I have had my civic for a while now. It gets as high as 48mpg. I average around 39mpg. It's not big on creature comforts... no cruse, no power steering, no power locks, no power windows. It's got AC and a radio. It also has over 200,000 miles on it. Still runs strong. I've done the timing belt once (time for another) CV axels, master cylinder, battery, alternator, and general mantance.. that's it! I'm now debateing spending more money on another timing belt and to have the seat re-done.. don't know if it's worth it on a car this old, but it's paid for and runs great so I probably will... It's also bone stock.. no rice rocket here

Great Little Car
By kendaddy126 on 11/02/11 21:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I am in sales and I can drive as much as 300 miles in one day. Probably an average of 130 or so. The Civic runs great, and gets 41mpg! They say these VXs can get as much as 50mpg... I don't know why I don't get that, but I'm not complaining... It could be that it's a 95 with 180k on it and it's just not going to get 50mpg. I think it's funny that these hybrids today get the same mpg as my little cheapo honda. It's pretty slow and could definitely use some more hp.. espically with the AC on. If performance is important, don't go with a VX.. get an SI. Also, make sure you change the timing belts and water pump every 90k mi.

Bring Back The Economical Hatchbacks!
By Mary on 11/28/05 03:06 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car since 1997, and the previous owner was going to do an engine swap, but I stopped him by offering a reasonable amount of money. I can tell you that I do not regret buying this car at all. I love how people with gas-guzzling SUVs get surprised at how much this car can carry. Since now, it has been trouble free, and it is very simple and cheap to maintain. Seats are still comfortable. It's environment friendly. I even sold my 97 BMW M3 just to keep my Civic VX. It may not be as fast, but i'd rather have a safer, reliable, cleaner, more fuel economical car that promises to start every time you turn the key!

excellent
By chris slater on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

well it is a nice car

Reliable and Economical
By EBBcVc95 on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

i had my civic vx for 7 years now and it just given me fun memories from san francisco to san diego to las vegas...If i know someone from any part of the united states, i'd drive it there...great milage, trouble-free, and still looks great...Ive taken it on and off the highway at big bear, ca where no other car would dare to go...2 of my friends did a 15 miles off-roading and i see people driving trucks laughing at us...the most damaged i got are dents from rocks....that was when my car was 4 years old...still running with no problems now.