1995 Honda Civic Hatchback Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car / Great Mileage
By kendaddy126 on 05/22/12 13:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I have had my civic for a while now. It gets as high as 48mpg. I average around 39mpg. It's not big on creature comforts... no cruse, no power steering, no power locks, no power windows. It's got AC and a radio. It also has over 200,000 miles on it. Still runs strong. I've done the timing belt once (time for another) CV axels, master cylinder, battery, alternator, and general mantance.. that's it! I'm now debateing spending more money on another timing belt and to have the seat re-done.. don't know if it's worth it on a car this old, but it's paid for and runs great so I probably will... It's also bone stock.. no rice rocket here

Best car everrr!
By andreroman21 on 12/06/11 18:13 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Purchased the car from my brother 2 years ago. A few things were done to it including an engine swap from a japanese civic SiR-II(170HP) and cloth seats from a 2001 Integra, as well as 2001 Integra GS-R rims. It is amazing on gas averaging about 40mpg hwy and has alot of oomph when I need it. I use it to commute to my job about 26 miles a day. I use synthetic oil and change oil as suggested as well as spark plugs. I have had no problems with the car as of yet. I love the looks of the car. Very unique... Honda really should put out a new hatchback model. I wont be getting rid of this car for a long long time. Exterior is stock except for coilovers and fresh paintjob. I get alot of compliments

Great Little Car
By kendaddy126 on 11/02/11 21:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I am in sales and I can drive as much as 300 miles in one day. Probably an average of 130 or so. The Civic runs great, and gets 41mpg! They say these VXs can get as much as 50mpg... I don't know why I don't get that, but I'm not complaining... It could be that it's a 95 with 180k on it and it's just not going to get 50mpg. I think it's funny that these hybrids today get the same mpg as my little cheapo honda. It's pretty slow and could definitely use some more hp.. espically with the AC on. If performance is important, don't go with a VX.. get an SI. Also, make sure you change the timing belts and water pump every 90k mi.

Great commuter
By Chiplayer on 04/04/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

The car is great! I got the car with only 44,000 original miles a few months ago and the car is 15 years old! I could not believe it and the independent dealer I bought it from seemed to be insulted when I indirectly suggested the mileage couldn't be right. I bought a carfax report right after I bought it and sure enough, the car had one owner and the mileage was right on! The greatest deal I ever got on a car! The body has a couple of bangs and the paint is faded and peeling but who cares the interior is 'cherry' and the engine like new! Too bad these cars are one of the most stolen cars out there. It's okay, I sleep with a bat and I am not referring to my wife!

All round great
By vj on 01/23/09 18:51 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

My brother gave me his old 95 Honda and I really like this car and will be sad when it finally bites the dust. Has over 300,000 kms and the only problem is occasional over-heating, which I've narrowed down to slight cracks in the head causing coolant leaks - I think. The body rusts around the rear wheel-wells too, due to all the road salt in winter here. Cornering is fun, the manual steering enjoyable and absorbs you in the joy of piloting (apparently there is no such thing as manual steering in a car anymore - a pity). I used to ride my motorbike and this car feels closer to that than most other cars. A manual civic is a simple efficient fun-car.

Strong Compacted Car!
By Alex on 09/23/08 23:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

This car is one of the best hatchbacks honda made. The car is very reliable and that 1.6 L vtec engine is very promising. Very happy with my honda, i might keep it forever and give it to my future son. Gas mileage is good too! less than 30 dollars to fill it up!

Transparent
By NGB on 04/26/06 06:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

Bought this new and it's been simple and affordable to own. It's been pretty transparent in the sense that I don't have to think about whether or not it will work or get me where I want to go.

Bring Back The Economical Hatchbacks!
By Mary on 11/28/05 03:06 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car since 1997, and the previous owner was going to do an engine swap, but I stopped him by offering a reasonable amount of money. I can tell you that I do not regret buying this car at all. I love how people with gas-guzzling SUVs get surprised at how much this car can carry. Since now, it has been trouble free, and it is very simple and cheap to maintain. Seats are still comfortable. It's environment friendly. I even sold my 97 BMW M3 just to keep my Civic VX. It may not be as fast, but i'd rather have a safer, reliable, cleaner, more fuel economical car that promises to start every time you turn the key!

best ever
By ckhatchblack on 03/05/05 19:45 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

i bought my 1995 civic in 2001 as a winter car. there was 334000 km on it then, and it was in a fender bender. There is now 445000 on it now. Fourth timing belt, same clutch. First owner put 317000 on it, sold insurance, oil change every 2 weeks. 45 miles to the gallon winter, the hotter the summer the better - it is 50 plus miles. All i have replaced is tires, exhaust, rad, doesn't burn any oil. I still change often.

excellent
By chris slater on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

well it is a nice car