Used 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I got a lemon but still love Honda
By iadara

1995 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Civic about 2 years ago from a college kid who'd lost his license and was really happy with the car initially. However, I think mainly due to very, very bad mechanics (took mine to a national chain that shall remain nameless) I'm pretty sure they're the reason why my head gasket went after only owning the car 1.5 yrs. I paid 2k for the car and put over another 2k into it for repairs. Horrible experience but I still love Honda. I was trying to buy another Civic albeit a newer model, but ended up with a Corolla instead-the price was right and I've owned a Corolla before. I'd still buy a Honda in a heartbeat as this was a solid vehicle until it was mistreated by idiots.

Favorite Features

Interior, body styling, availability of parts for repair, gas mileage, very fun to drive for a 4 cylinder. Good handling on highway and in snow.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the cupholders because they're awful. Otherwise, perfection in motion.

Great small car
By my honda my baby

1995 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car based above everyone else's advice. The car is great. She had to have a head gasket repaired for $1000 right after i bought her. She is cheap on gas, which really does help out a college student. Runs great and i have 158,000 on her right now. I would never want to replace this car. I have already decided when that time does come i will purchase a new engine and keep my baby longer. Why mess with a good car that runs cheap? Take car of this car and you will save every single time you go to the gas station.

Favorite Features

Gas

Suggested Improvements

Make this car run forever

95 Civic
By Vehicle

1995 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Had my civic for 14 years and 270,000 miles later it still going strong. Very reliable and easy to work on. Worth every penny.

'95 Civic EX Coupe
By Mike

1995 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

What can I say? It's a Honda. It's a great car. When I bought mine, it had 85k on it, now it has around 130k and running strong. Starts every day, runs like a beast. The thing I like is the amount of aftermarket parts. The B16A should've been offered.Even though you can get a 5-spd, more power could have been nice although it has a decent amount. It could've had a little more room in the back seats, but nontheless, it's comfortable. I drive pretty hard sometimes and I've --NEVER-- had any problems with it. I just take it and get the oil changed every 3k miles and have things serviced. It's a very sporty, well-built car and I would --- HIGHLY---- recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

sportiness comfort extremely fuel efficient parts available RELIABILITY easy to work on & modify

Suggested Improvements

-Should have been available with B16A (power) -not much interior room

95 Honda Civic
By alacy

1995 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

This car is fun, comfortable, reliable, awesome. One of the best compact cars of all time

Favorite Features

Cornering ability

Suggested Improvements

A little more power