1995 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
LOVE Mine
By Kimberly on 06/24/10 18:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This is the most reliable car ever. I've had it for 15 years and I'm the original owner. The cup holders are a bit ridiculous as described by other reviews and the rubber piece that frames the moonroof snapped and broke about 3 years ago. It still opens and closes but it scraps the roof ;-|. By now my seats are getting warn and uncomfortable. Needed a new radiator about 2 years ago. A/C electrical panel needed to be replaced after 10 years. With the money I'm saving on this car I'm having no troubles saving for my next civic. Worth every penny.

Sporty feel, reliable car
By tekkie on 02/14/10 16:40 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

We bought our Civic EX from the original owner to replace a 1990 Acura Legend due to an accident. I wish it were a stick instead of automatic, but the gas mileage is still great. I am noticing that it is getting a bit sluggish with age and I miss the power of the Acura, but it handles well on snow and dirt roads and has a nice, tight suspension. A dashboard wire to the speedometer/odometer is loose, too. I think the latest oil change indicated it might have a slight oil leak, but haven't noticed any burning oil or oil on ground, so it's probably very minor. This is an all-around great car. I hope to pass it on to my daughter to drive in high school in 4 years.

Best car period
By aj on 12/29/09 11:10 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I've been selling cars for 14 years now, and not imports. First Honda I've owned. Car was traded in and I didn't need another car but couldn't pass up for $500. It had 131,000 miles on it when I bought it. Now it has 208,000 miles on it. All I can say is WOW. I never thought 4 1/2 years later I would still be driving it. (It is my work car. 20,000 miles a year.) I change the oil every 5,000 miles, new exhaust, new radiator after it started getting hot because 1/4 of it was gone, plugs and wires, and thats it. All was cheap and did myself. Still has the same brakes front and back from when I bought it. I wouldn't take 2,000 for it cause I know I couldn't replace it. Most reliable car ever. :)

1995 Honda Civic finally retired
By rvetter on 08/21/09 21:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 1997 and have driven it until the wheels fall off. The odometer stopped working almost a year ago at 229,900 miles; it's probably pushing 300,000 now. Great car, never let me down. Replaced CV boots/joints, O2 sensor, radiator and had work done on AC timing belt and seals. I can't say enough about how well designed the car is, how great it handled and how nice it was to have no car payment for 9 years! It's hemorrhaging oil now, so I'm going to lay it to rest and get a new civic.

One of the greatest
By milo on 07/06/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

The 1995 Honda civic is one of the greatest cars ever made. They are easy to maintain and work on. Only minor work has been needed for mine. Oil changes, tune ups, brakes, tires are the only things that it has needed. I gave it a custom paint job since the original paint faded. One of the car's faults was the paint but everything else is great. It's fun to drive - very reliable and awesome in gas. If the American automobile industry made cars like this, they would not be bankrupt. I will not buy another car that is not a civic. For now I'll take care of mine because it takes care of me. I think it will run forever. I changed the timing belt and waterpump just to be safe, and it might run another 200,000 miles...

turned me into a hondaphile
By Beccah on 03/21/09 00:16 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This is my fourth car and I don't think I'm ever gonna buy anything but a Honda ever again. This is by far the best car Ive ever owned. Until now, I never thought I could actually LOVE a car. I actually named it! Friday, because that's when I bought it and it's practical and fun just like the day of the week! This is also the first manual I've owned and out of all the manual trans cars I've driven, this car is by far the easiest and most fun to drive even though 3rd gear grinds a bit and the power steering is out (not like it needs it!). I probably paid about $1000 too much for this car but I will save that much in gas and parts this year alone. All in all, its worth every overpaid penny. ;)

Miss it
By Tom on 09/29/08 04:27 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

It was slower than a sick elephant and needed third gear to get up steep hills but still a blast to drive. So light and low that it cornered at 25-30 mph with no squealing from its cheap little tires. Loved the styling inside and out. Still looks cool even though the design dates to 1991. Shame its cosmetic quality wasn't the same as its mechanical quality. Never cost me a dime other than regular maintenance but the paint job was bad and it started rusting like crazy around 10 years of age. Mine was an automatic, which didn't do the tiny engine any favors and sucked gas. A car this small should get better than 25 mpg in the city. But so cheap to own and run and so fun at the same time.

Sports Coupe
By ERL on 05/21/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new in 1995. It was absolutely superb while we owned it. The EX model with the VTEC system provides a very good amount of power at high revs although it is gutless down low. The car was very reliable and the Acoustic Research stereo was good for its era. The handling got worse as it aged, but it was still pretty tight and sporty 13 years on. The five-speed manual is necessary. The interior was very well made with great dash and door panel material. This is, in effect, a sports coupe -- not an economy car. It is also great in the snow (with Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires) The reliability could also not be beat. A wonderful car.

DD Awesome, Project even better!
By Project Car on 10/10/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

The car is a great car. I have whipped the snot out of this car on pavement, dirt and snow. Haddles so well and the replacement parts are so cheap. Come on 30 Bucks for struts? So simple. Not to mechion the car is a cake walk to work on. I love this car because you can beat and beat on it. It will not only take it but ask for more. When your done you can turn it off, work on it and learn about a simple car in the mean time and drive it the next day cause its like working with legos so easy!

Amazing reliability
By colorado civic lover on 10/04/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Well I will miss my little red Civic. I bought it new in 1995, the only owner it ever had. A young girl decided that she had to plow into me from behind last week and totalled it and now I am car shopping. But I never had to do anything to this car other than the routine maintenance. It would have gone another 100k miles easily. I recommend this year's model (or any Civic model) enthusiastically to anyone looking to buy a used car!

1 2 3 4 5 next »