1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
This car will be the death of me
By haili73 on 06/05/13 20:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Ever since we bought this car, it has given me nothing but problems. The first day I had it, the passenger door handle broke, next the windshield wipers fell off. The car doesn't beep at me when I leave the lights on, which resulted in several dead batteries. (yes, I realize that this is operator error, but still) It broke down four hours from home, leaving me stuck in gas/service station for a day and a half. Just about everything was wrong with it...timing belt (which we specifically were told was fine) radiator, among other issues. Then the AC went out...then something else broke down, it started making funny noises and shuddering, smelling weird, acting like a stick shift...it's scary.

Will this car ever die?
By CN on 08/29/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It just runs and runs. At this point I might simply keep another 3 yrs and give to my kid. At 156,000 miles, this puppy is still running strong, no blue smoke. I simply change oil regularly and perform general maintenance; CV boots, brakes, oil, wiper blades, etc. Generally speaking minimal repairs. I've saved a boat-load of money driving this car for so many years. It's comfortable, zippy, easy to park. I wish I had bought the sun roof model back the. My next one will have all the bells and whistles as I've had many years to save money to buy now. Great car!

Simple, Efficient, Comfortable
By Code on 04/02/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Since day 1, this machine ran like a dream. Its independent Coil over suspension gives it a soft ride over ridged bumps and yet stiff enough not to flip when taking quick corners. Mine was in pretty ruff shape, the dash board was all broken because somebody wanted a stock radio, the wiper blade switch was busted, and the exhaust system. I installed a Cat-back exhaust on mine, not for show but because I don't want to be robed of performance from the garbage muffler that was on there. Has surprisingly more room then my last car, the power windows are a plus, for me! The underbelly of the car was coated with Rhino Lining, NO RUST! quarter panels are almost gone! Big trunk!

Good rep, bad car
By aec239 on 05/20/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Have had my '95 LX for just over a year and it's sitting on Craigslist waiting for someone to buy it. The car is extremely slow, even with the manual trans. It's tiny which is only good for parallel parking, only fits about 2 adults comfortably. Gas mileage is AWESOME (36 mpg in the city) which is the reason I bought it when gas was almost at $5. If you're a single person that commutes with no kids, pets, or stuff to carry around than it's an ok car. I've found that the car is completely rusted out underneath when a piece of my exhaust fell off on the highway (and you can only go 70 mph or the little engine will blow up). CV joints and rack boots need replacing every year.

Excellent Quality and Reliability
By Alfredo on 09/12/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year with 110,000 miles and now at 125,000 it has never let me stranded, I drive 100 miles per day with an impressive 30 mpg using A/C. I have never visited a repair shop except for changing tires and timing belt and brake pads, which you have to replace in every car due to normal wear. I am a student and let me tell you is the best decision I've ever made, Hondas are reliable, economical and excellently well built, when I graduate I think I'll keep it as a second car. Forget Bimmers Saabs or Jags, if you want luxury get an Acura which is basically a Honda with the luxury package!

it keeps going and going and going
By auhollid on 02/06/07 16:02 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic, I have driven it across the country. It now has 208,000 mile and is still going. Just in the last year has it begun to need repairs. (Head work, air compressor, rear door interior)I am looking for a new car and hope my next car is as good as this one has been.

Honda Civic LX
By HondaGirl on 01/04/07 19:32 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Overall, not a bad car. It has only left me stranded twice: when the plastic radiator cracked, alternator belt broke. Gets pretty good gas mileage. Now with 232,000 miles it is gone. Starter just went out, oil seals are leaking, and it leaked on the timing belt, back power windows leaking, trunk is leaking water from back window. This summer had the CV joints, brakes, and rotors replaced and it was driving like brand new. I got this car with 90K miles on it. We had a good run. Just remember to get the timing belt replaced every 90K miles and you will be fine. I got this car in college and it has lasted thru my first job, and it will be missed

Great Value
By Jami23 on 06/08/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my civic for 10 1/2 years. This has been one of the best purchases ever. I have had no problems with my car. The only work that has needed to be done is basic maintenance and an axle replacement. I hate to part with it but I am thinking of buying a new one.

Fun to drive and very reliable.
By Dirtbikerprn1 on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I love my civic. i have had it for almost three years and now it has 100000mi. The gas mileage is still great, i still get 37-39 mpg with only some highway miles. i am starting to have a problem with my speed sensor but thats about it.

Great little car -- 180k and still going
By bobanahalf on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This car goes and goes. Regular maintanence is all it's asked for. I commute 100 miles a day--often in lots of snow--and it's never let me down. Especially nice at the fuel pump.