1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best car ever!
By megsiep52 on 04/28/13 22:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 202k miles on it. I've had it just over a year and it's not got 220k. It consistently gets 39 mpg combined (it has the 1.5L Vtec motor). We've had to put some work into it; CV axles, tie rods, control arms and ball joints; but this has been well worth the time and $ put into it. This car gets better city gas mileage than just about ANY new car. And with it being 18 years old with 220k miles on it? It drives like new! The paint is fading but we're going to have a paint job done. For a completely STOCK car this is the best buy out there!

Most reliable car
By Breath on 04/23/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a hold-me-over for $300 with 212,000 miles. I have had it for 6 months now and it has done nothing but save me money and get me to where I want to go. I have been beating on this car from day one, taking it off roading, bottoming out, e-brake slides, smashing into snow banks, and just having fun with it, yet it still will not die. $18 fills the tank, drives everywhere, and I don't even think when I put gas in it. Insurance is cheap..no problems. The trunk leaks, I'm not sure if that is a regularly occurring problem or something from the previous owner. Also, my speakers don't work.

Great Car
By AlwaysBored on 10/12/08 23:26 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I got this car as a first car and love it. It's a great car and very fun to drive even on long road trips. It has never let me down and runs as though it's brand new. The gas mileage is great and I love how I can drive an almost 15 year old car and not have to worry about gas. I do wish it had a better alarm though, I'm afraid to make any big changes and get it stolen, I'd be crushed if it was. Would definitely recommend this car, especially the EX.

95 civic
By redsox88 on 07/05/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 3 years and it now has 160K miles on it. The manual transmission shifts very nicely and it's very easy to drive. Gas prices keep getting higher but I can still put gas in and not break 30 dollars. The only repairs I have had to get with it have been regular maintenance. It has been a great car.

Just sold it and now miss it!
By Idahoaggie98 on 08/03/06 13:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

We just bought a 2003 Honda Odyssey because we simply outgrew the smaller civic. It's been my wife's car for almost 7 years. We have never had any problems. The interior held up extremely well. I loved the way it handled. After 120,000 miles, everything worked and the car almost looked like new when we sold it.

great car
By shuksan on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

the best car i've ever owned. replaced brake pads once, timing belt once (as a precautionary measure) and tires twice. have had no mechanical problems with the vehicle at all. did not have rustproofing and wax it once a year and still have no rust. would not hesitate to buy another.

1995 Honda Civic Review
By D D on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Great reliability, fuel economy. Would highly recommend as a used car.

very satisfied honda civic owner
By elwood on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I am a very satisfied honda civic owner. Bought it new at the dealership and it still starts on a dime 101,000 miles later. No repairs -- ever. Just normal manintenance.

First car
By Matt Gr. on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My parents bought me this car just one month ago, and I'm already thrilled with it. The ride is excellent, the engine zippy, and the fuel economy is perfect for a teenager without a job, like me. The power windows are a little creaky, but no problems so far. Also, two hubcaps fell off, but that's most likely because CarMax didn't fasten them on well when they put on new tires.

Good Car
By blazer16 on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Passenger side front seat-back broke off on right side.