Used 1995 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love my honda
By Thor

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Beat the crap out of the car, has almost 250k!!! Has had it's far share of repairs and aftermarket mods.... Love it will buy the exact same car again

Best car ever!
By megsiep52

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 202k miles on it.
I've had it just over a year and it's not got 220k.
It consistently gets 39 mpg combined (it has the 1.5L Vtec motor).
We've had to put some work into it; CV axles, tie rods, control arms and ball joints; but this has been well worth the time and $ put into it.
This car gets better city gas mileage than just about ANY new car.
And with it being 18 years old with 220k miles on it?
It drives like new!
The paint is fading but we're going to have a paint job done.
For a completely STOCK car this is the best buy out there!

gas mileage, cost of repairs, smooth drive, easy to drive, excellent value in a car

door handles

Most reliable car
By Breath

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a hold-me-over for $300 with 212,000 miles. I have had it for 6 months now and it has done nothing but save me money and get me to where I want to go. I have been beating on this car from day one, taking it off roading, bottoming out, e-brake slides, smashing into snow banks, and just having fun with it, yet it still will not die. $18 fills the tank, drives everywhere, and I don't even think when I put gas in it. Insurance is cheap..no problems. The trunk leaks, I'm not sure if that is a regularly occurring problem or something from the previous owner. Also, my speakers don't work.

I like having the 5 speed, it just makes it that much more fun and fuel efficient. I like the power windows and sunroof. The nice seats.

The cup holder only holds cans... anything else basically spills. The trunk leak and the speakers. The car could also use a bigger battery. Nothing to steer you away from a reliable car.

Great Car
By AlwaysBored

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I got this car as a first car and love it. It's a great car and very fun to drive even on long road trips. It has never let me down and runs as though it's brand new. The gas mileage is great and I love how I can drive an almost 15 year old car and not have to worry about gas. I do wish it had a better alarm though, I'm afraid to make any big changes and get it stolen, I'd be crushed if it was. Would definitely recommend this car, especially the EX.

1.6 L VTEC, comfort, handling, reliability, easy to repair/modify, very fun to drive (especially the manuals).

Window/sunroof motors, cup holders (almost useless), alarm system.

95 civic
By redsox88

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 3 years and it now has 160K miles on it. The manual transmission shifts very nicely and it's very easy to drive. Gas prices keep getting higher but I can still put gas in and not break 30 dollars. The only repairs I have had to get with it have been regular maintenance. It has been a great car.

Reliability, Great fuel economy, the moonroof, and with a small engine it goes quick.

The cup holders and it needs more compartments.