Used 1995 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

great car,hands down
By Austin Airs

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

My first car was a 94 civic lx non vtec.lI loved it so much i Didnt want an american car.unfortunatly brakes wore out alot,cv joint,innner and outer tie Rods and the allignment was very Fragile.but the style and handling when in.good.condition was terrific.long story short i wrecked it and bought a 2000 toyota corolla ,,girly and cheap interior but drove amazing then traded for a 97 nissan maxima which is v6 way more fun then a.4cyl but bad on gas and expensive repairs.so i sold and went back to honda and got a 95 civic ex 2dr for $1400 172k miles ive had no mechicals issues at.all and its my daily driver for the past 8 months i even have raced it on all stock at 123mph no problem

All power windows locks steering,handling ,cruise control ,1.6 liter vtec Engine

LOVE Mine
By Kimberly

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is the most reliable car ever. I've had it for 15 years and I'm the original owner. The cup holders are a bit ridiculous as described by other reviews and the rubber piece that frames the moonroof snapped and broke about 3 years ago. It still opens and closes but it scraps the roof ;-|. By now my seats are getting warn and uncomfortable. Needed a new radiator about 2 years ago. A/C electrical panel needed to be replaced after 10 years. With the money I'm saving on this car I'm having no troubles saving for my next civic. Worth every penny.

sporty looking, fun to drive, good gas mileage, reliable, cost of ownership.

more headroom, move interior light upfront.

Sporty feel, reliable car
By tekkie

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

We bought our Civic EX from the original owner to replace a 1990 Acura Legend due to an accident. I wish it were a stick instead of automatic, but the gas mileage is still great. I am noticing that it is getting a bit sluggish with age and I miss the power of the Acura, but it handles well on snow and dirt roads and has a nice, tight suspension. A dashboard wire to the speedometer/odometer is loose, too. I think the latest oil change indicated it might have a slight oil leak, but haven't noticed any burning oil or oil on ground, so it's probably very minor. This is an all-around great car. I hope to pass it on to my daughter to drive in high school in 4 years.

Fun to drive, beautiful exterior, great mileage. Love the simple controls and glad there are few electronics.

Better cupholders in front. A bit more power. Weak power windows in winter.

Best car period
By aj

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I've been selling cars for 14 years now, and not imports. First Honda I've owned. Car was traded in and I didn't need another car but couldn't pass up for $500. It had 131,000 miles on it when I bought it. Now it has 208,000 miles on it. All I can say is WOW. I never thought 4 1/2 years later I would still be driving it. (It is my work car. 20,000 miles a year.) I change the oil every 5,000 miles, new exhaust, new radiator after it started getting hot because 1/4 of it was gone, plugs and wires, and thats it. All was cheap and did myself. Still has the same brakes front and back from when I bought it. I wouldn't take 2,000 for it cause I know I couldn't replace it. Most reliable car ever. :)

Best car ever for reliability. Period. I get 33 mpg at 65 avg.

None.

1995 Honda Civic finally retired
By rvetter

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 1997 and have driven it until the wheels fall off. The odometer stopped working almost a year ago at 229,900 miles; it's probably pushing 300,000 now. Great car, never let me down. Replaced CV boots/joints, O2 sensor, radiator and had work done on AC timing belt and seals. I can't say enough about how well designed the car is, how great it handled and how nice it was to have no car payment for 9 years! It's hemorrhaging oil now, so I'm going to lay it to rest and get a new civic.

Styling, price, fuel efficiency, features, design, quality of materials.

Sunroof and window motors are weak, cup holder flimsy (esp. with huge fast food cups).