1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I got a lemon but still love Honda
By iadara on 06/15/13 14:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Civic about 2 years ago from a college kid who'd lost his license and was really happy with the car initially. However, I think mainly due to very, very bad mechanics (took mine to a national chain that shall remain nameless) I'm pretty sure they're the reason why my head gasket went after only owning the car 1.5 yrs. I paid 2k for the car and put over another 2k into it for repairs. Horrible experience but I still love Honda. I was trying to buy another Civic albeit a newer model, but ended up with a Corolla instead-the price was right and I've owned a Corolla before. I'd still buy a Honda in a heartbeat as this was a solid vehicle until it was mistreated by idiots.

Great small car
By my honda my baby on 03/19/10 23:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car based above everyone else's advice. The car is great. She had to have a head gasket repaired for $1000 right after i bought her. She is cheap on gas, which really does help out a college student. Runs great and i have 158,000 on her right now. I would never want to replace this car. I have already decided when that time does come i will purchase a new engine and keep my baby longer. Why mess with a good car that runs cheap? Take car of this car and you will save every single time you go to the gas station.

95 Civic
By Vehicle on 08/11/09 16:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Had my civic for 14 years and 270,000 miles later it still going strong. Very reliable and easy to work on. Worth every penny.

'95 Civic EX Coupe
By Mike on 12/20/05 12:08 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

What can I say? It's a Honda. It's a great car. When I bought mine, it had 85k on it, now it has around 130k and running strong. Starts every day, runs like a beast. The thing I like is the amount of aftermarket parts. The B16A should've been offered.Even though you can get a 5-spd, more power could have been nice although it has a decent amount. It could've had a little more room in the back seats, but nontheless, it's comfortable. I drive pretty hard sometimes and I've --NEVER-- had any problems with it. I just take it and get the oil changed every 3k miles and have things serviced. It's a very sporty, well-built car and I would --- HIGHLY---- recommend this car to anyone.

95 Honda Civic
By alacy on 09/04/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

This car is fun, comfortable, reliable, awesome. One of the best compact cars of all time

My fun little baby
By Gryphyn on 11/25/04 19:46 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at 108000 miles, and it was still running smooth. Everything in the car was manual... tranny, windows, locks. the previous owner recently replaced the clutch and belts, so it has smooth shifting and runs nicely. I put wider tires on it and it just a great drive every time i go out.

we've been through a lot together
By ghst99 on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car way back in 97 with 75000 miles already on it. I drove it from California to Massachusetts and all the way down the East coast a couple of times then to Texas. In my time in the North East it handled great in the snow, The Body rusted a little, I had to change the brakes and cv joints once. It passed inspection everytime and I recently sold it for 2500 with 140000 miles on it! Great car, great resale value. Good bye old friend.

Every car should be this good
By benjoliversmom on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I wish more cars were made this way. Manual transmission and rack-and-pinion steering (NOT power steering) impart excellent road-feel and responsiveness. This drives like a sports car at a commuter- car price. Reliability is astoundingly good.

Truly is fun to drive.
By New Civic lover on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Just purchased a 95 Civic DX coupe. I have read reviews like these ones, with such great reviews and good reports. I did my research before purchasing and I was NOT dissapointed what so ever. Consumer Reports rates Civics as being fun to drive and reliable, being one of the most appealing reasons why I bought it. The car seems like the gas gauge never even moves after hours of city driving. The car is very zippy and handles great. The styling is a nice plus. Don't like the fact civics are everywhere??? Well think about this, everyone has civics because they really are great cars.

Great Car
By Civic Guy on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

It is my first car and i love it. I have fun laughing at people spending $20.00 at the gas station. Have not had any problems. Sporty look and good acceleration.Surprisingly well in Snow. Great car recomended for anyone wanting a reliable inexspensive car.