1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
All round great
By vj on 01/23/09 18:51 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

My brother gave me his old 95 Honda and I really like this car and will be sad when it finally bites the dust. Has over 300,000 kms and the only problem is occasional over-heating, which I've narrowed down to slight cracks in the head causing coolant leaks - I think. The body rusts around the rear wheel-wells too, due to all the road salt in winter here. Cornering is fun, the manual steering enjoyable and absorbs you in the joy of piloting (apparently there is no such thing as manual steering in a car anymore - a pity). I used to ride my motorbike and this car feels closer to that than most other cars. A manual civic is a simple efficient fun-car.

best ever
By ckhatchblack on 03/05/05 19:45 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

i bought my 1995 civic in 2001 as a winter car. there was 334000 km on it then, and it was in a fender bender. There is now 445000 on it now. Fourth timing belt, same clutch. First owner put 317000 on it, sold insurance, oil change every 2 weeks. 45 miles to the gallon winter, the hotter the summer the better - it is 50 plus miles. All i have replaced is tires, exhaust, rad, doesn't burn any oil. I still change often.

1995 CX hatch
By Chill on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I've just rolled 175K on mine & this thing has been bulletproof. It's still on the original clutch - can you believe that? This thing is a fuel sipper, I think I'm still getting around 35MPG on the hwy. Super cheap mode of transport, super reliable, everything I've ever wanted in a car. Mine doesn't even have A/C....power nothing....guess what, nothing broken on the car yet. Chris

Great Basic Car
By Jehova Smith on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I have just rolled 180,000 miles (290k) on my baby and it keeps chugging along. I've vowed to buy a new car when this one died...I'm still waiting. The performance hasn't suffered with age. This car costs less than 25 cents a km. My advice, if you find one with 100,000 miles on it, it's just a baby with more life to live. This car has outlasted two of my friends cars... a neon and a sunfire.