Used 1995 Honda Civic CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Just keeps going
By Amy La

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Bought my second manual Civic HB in the summer of 1999 with 43,000. It's now 2015, it has 221k, and it's still going. The major repair costs I've had are exhaust systems and suspension, I blame both on living in a city with terrible roads and the car being so low. It's on it's second timing belt, original clutch, and second radiator (the first rusted out around 5 or so years ago). I'm about to buy a new(er) car because this one needs a lot of repairs that will add up, but I plan on listing it as-is to see if someone will buy it and give it the love it deserves. Friends bugged me for years about getting a new car, but why give up this one before its time?

Favorite Features

So completely basic that there's nothing to break. It's spoiled me, any other manual car feels finicky and clunky.

Suggested Improvements

Lots of road noise, seats are terrible for long rides

All round great
By vj

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

My brother gave me his old 95 Honda and I really like this car and will be sad when it finally bites the dust. Has over 300,000 kms and the only problem is occasional over-heating, which I've narrowed down to slight cracks in the head causing coolant leaks - I think. The body rusts around the rear wheel-wells too, due to all the road salt in winter here. Cornering is fun, the manual steering enjoyable and absorbs you in the joy of piloting (apparently there is no such thing as manual steering in a car anymore - a pity). I used to ride my motorbike and this car feels closer to that than most other cars. A manual civic is a simple efficient fun-car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, lots interior room for throwing in a bicycle or plants, good all round visibility, amazing mileage, sturdy stance on the road in wind, nicely aerodynamic, and teal blue is my favourite colour.

Suggested Improvements

Body rusts out too quickly.

best ever
By ckhatchblack

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

i bought my 1995 civic in 2001 as a winter car. there was 334000 km on it then, and it was in a fender bender. There is now 445000 on it now. Fourth timing belt, same clutch. First owner put 317000 on it, sold insurance, oil change every 2 weeks. 45 miles to the gallon winter, the hotter the summer the better - it is 50 plus miles. All i have replaced is tires, exhaust, rad, doesn't burn any oil. I still change often.

Favorite Features

plain jane no frills

Suggested Improvements

make newer ones as good

1995 CX hatch
By Chill

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I've just rolled 175K on mine & this thing has been bulletproof. It's still on the original clutch - can you believe that? This thing is a fuel sipper, I think I'm still getting around 35MPG on the hwy. Super cheap mode of transport, super reliable, everything I've ever wanted in a car. Mine doesn't even have A/C....power nothing....guess what, nothing broken on the car yet. Chris

Favorite Features

Spartan interior. No A/C.

Great Basic Car
By Jehova Smith

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I have just rolled 180,000 miles (290k) on my baby and it keeps chugging along. I've vowed to buy a new car when this one died...I'm still waiting. The performance hasn't suffered with age. This car costs less than 25 cents a km. My advice, if you find one with 100,000 miles on it, it's just a baby with more life to live. This car has outlasted two of my friends cars... a neon and a sunfire.

Favorite Features

It's cheap on the road It handles well ( esp. with a few upgrades) It's fun a gas stations when someone is filling their Expedition.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the old hatchback, I'll buy another one in a heartbeat.