Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love my honda
By Thor

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Beat the crap out of the car, has almost 250k!!! Has had it's far share of repairs and aftermarket mods.... Love it will buy the exact same car again

My baby and she's a fixer
By onimpulse

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Well to everyone who has problems with this car: The engine in this car craps out anytime after 200,000 miles. A few years ago, that happened to me, and I purchased another engine in LA that was shipped from Japan. Cars in Japan are not allowed to have more than, I think, 60,000 miles on their car. After this, it's technically illegal to drive. So they ship their old, perfectly great engines over here. My Dad gave me this car a few months ago after owning it for 12 years.The most reliable car ever. My Dad now owns the new Civic and a new Accord. I wouldn't trade my 95 Civic for any other new model Honda, Toyota, or any Japanese brand. I get GREAT gas mileage city or highway. up to 36.

Gas Mileage, decent space, stick shift is always fun to drive. It's now 2015 and this car is still my life. I would never put anything aftermarket on it. Stock is the best way to go... I wish other teens and young adults would understand that too.Replacing stereo and speakers was simple. I've grown attached to it and it is just so fun to drive, especially it being manual stick. it surprisingly has very good trunk space also.

The cons I HATE the interior. Cup holders are so tiny and cheap. Things spill all the time. Might want to replace them with something sturdier. It gets very hot in the car and a lot of the time the switch to change from heat to cool air breaks. I've replaced two, from junkyard Civics. Inside the car isn't too quiet either. We've spent 1,300 dollars to repair the AC in the car only to get it somewhat cold. Have to keep the AC on constantly to stay cool. While AC is on, it seems like you lose about 30 HP. It's a huge difference with it on. Definitely wish it had a bit more power. Usually put it in 3rd minimum to get up maybe 35 degree hills especially with AC on.

Just keeps going
By Amy La

1995 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Bought my second manual Civic HB in the summer of 1999 with 43,000. It's now 2015, it has 221k, and it's still going. The major repair costs I've had are exhaust systems and suspension, I blame both on living in a city with terrible roads and the car being so low. It's on it's second timing belt, original clutch, and second radiator (the first rusted out around 5 or so years ago). I'm about to buy a new(er) car because this one needs a lot of repairs that will add up, but I plan on listing it as-is to see if someone will buy it and give it the love it deserves. Friends bugged me for years about getting a new car, but why give up this one before its time?

So completely basic that there's nothing to break. It's spoiled me, any other manual car feels finicky and clunky.

Lots of road noise, seats are terrible for long rides

great car,hands down
By Austin Airs

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

My first car was a 94 civic lx non vtec.lI loved it so much i Didnt want an american car.unfortunatly brakes wore out alot,cv joint,innner and outer tie Rods and the allignment was very Fragile.but the style and handling when in.good.condition was terrific.long story short i wrecked it and bought a 2000 toyota corolla ,,girly and cheap interior but drove amazing then traded for a 97 nissan maxima which is v6 way more fun then a.4cyl but bad on gas and expensive repairs.so i sold and went back to honda and got a 95 civic ex 2dr for $1400 172k miles ive had no mechicals issues at.all and its my daily driver for the past 8 months i even have raced it on all stock at 123mph no problem

All power windows locks steering,handling ,cruise control ,1.6 liter vtec Engine

I got a lemon but still love Honda
By iadara

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Civic about 2 years ago from a college kid who'd lost his license and was really happy with the car initially.
However, I think mainly due to very, very bad mechanics (took mine to a national chain that shall remain nameless) I'm pretty sure they're the reason why my head gasket went after only owning the car 1.5 yrs.
I paid 2k for the car and put over another 2k into it for repairs.
Horrible experience but I still love Honda.
I was trying to buy another Civic albeit a newer model, but ended up with a Corolla instead-the price was right and I've owned a Corolla before.
I'd still buy a Honda in a heartbeat as this was a solid vehicle until it was mistreated by idiots.

Interior, body styling, availability of parts for repair, gas mileage, very fun to drive for a 4 cylinder. Good handling on highway and in snow.

Fix the cupholders because they're awful. Otherwise, perfection in motion.