1995 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I got a lemon but still love Honda
By iadara on 06/15/13 14:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Civic about 2 years ago from a college kid who'd lost his license and was really happy with the car initially. However, I think mainly due to very, very bad mechanics (took mine to a national chain that shall remain nameless) I'm pretty sure they're the reason why my head gasket went after only owning the car 1.5 yrs. I paid 2k for the car and put over another 2k into it for repairs. Horrible experience but I still love Honda. I was trying to buy another Civic albeit a newer model, but ended up with a Corolla instead-the price was right and I've owned a Corolla before. I'd still buy a Honda in a heartbeat as this was a solid vehicle until it was mistreated by idiots.

This car will be the death of me
By haili73 on 06/05/13 20:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Ever since we bought this car, it has given me nothing but problems. The first day I had it, the passenger door handle broke, next the windshield wipers fell off. The car doesn't beep at me when I leave the lights on, which resulted in several dead batteries. (yes, I realize that this is operator error, but still) It broke down four hours from home, leaving me stuck in gas/service station for a day and a half. Just about everything was wrong with it...timing belt (which we specifically were told was fine) radiator, among other issues. Then the AC went out...then something else broke down, it started making funny noises and shuddering, smelling weird, acting like a stick shift...it's scary.

Best car ever!
By megsiep52 on 04/28/13 22:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 202k miles on it. I've had it just over a year and it's not got 220k. It consistently gets 39 mpg combined (it has the 1.5L Vtec motor). We've had to put some work into it; CV axles, tie rods, control arms and ball joints; but this has been well worth the time and $ put into it. This car gets better city gas mileage than just about ANY new car. And with it being 18 years old with 220k miles on it? It drives like new! The paint is fading but we're going to have a paint job done. For a completely STOCK car this is the best buy out there!

Great Car / Great Mileage
By kendaddy126 on 05/22/12 13:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I have had my civic for a while now. It gets as high as 48mpg. I average around 39mpg. It's not big on creature comforts... no cruse, no power steering, no power locks, no power windows. It's got AC and a radio. It also has over 200,000 miles on it. Still runs strong. I've done the timing belt once (time for another) CV axels, master cylinder, battery, alternator, and general mantance.. that's it! I'm now debateing spending more money on another timing belt and to have the seat re-done.. don't know if it's worth it on a car this old, but it's paid for and runs great so I probably will... It's also bone stock.. no rice rocket here

I love my Honda
By katemeister on 12/22/11 16:09 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car last year and have put well over 30k. The guy I bought it from figured it must be getting old at 230k for miles. Now at 266k it still goes and goes. I had to put a transmission in it when I got it. (which I got for $140 used and installed only into it less that $500). All I ever have to do is put oil in it .

Best car everrr!
By andreroman21 on 12/06/11 18:13 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Purchased the car from my brother 2 years ago. A few things were done to it including an engine swap from a japanese civic SiR-II(170HP) and cloth seats from a 2001 Integra, as well as 2001 Integra GS-R rims. It is amazing on gas averaging about 40mpg hwy and has alot of oomph when I need it. I use it to commute to my job about 26 miles a day. I use synthetic oil and change oil as suggested as well as spark plugs. I have had no problems with the car as of yet. I love the looks of the car. Very unique... Honda really should put out a new hatchback model. I wont be getting rid of this car for a long long time. Exterior is stock except for coilovers and fresh paintjob. I get alot of compliments

Great Little Car
By kendaddy126 on 11/02/11 21:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I am in sales and I can drive as much as 300 miles in one day. Probably an average of 130 or so. The Civic runs great, and gets 41mpg! They say these VXs can get as much as 50mpg... I don't know why I don't get that, but I'm not complaining... It could be that it's a 95 with 180k on it and it's just not going to get 50mpg. I think it's funny that these hybrids today get the same mpg as my little cheapo honda. It's pretty slow and could definitely use some more hp.. espically with the AC on. If performance is important, don't go with a VX.. get an SI. Also, make sure you change the timing belts and water pump every 90k mi.

Will this car ever die?
By CN on 08/29/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

It just runs and runs. At this point I might simply keep another 3 yrs and give to my kid. At 156,000 miles, this puppy is still running strong, no blue smoke. I simply change oil regularly and perform general maintenance; CV boots, brakes, oil, wiper blades, etc. Generally speaking minimal repairs. I've saved a boat-load of money driving this car for so many years. It's comfortable, zippy, easy to park. I wish I had bought the sun roof model back the. My next one will have all the bells and whistles as I've had many years to save money to buy now. Great car!

Wouldn't suggest it to a friend
By SkyNightMoon on 08/21/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I Got a 95 civic dx i disliked almost everything about it the looks, it's not my type of car, i mean it got great gas mileage, that's about it

LOVE Mine
By Kimberly on 06/24/10 18:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is the most reliable car ever. I've had it for 15 years and I'm the original owner. The cup holders are a bit ridiculous as described by other reviews and the rubber piece that frames the moonroof snapped and broke about 3 years ago. It still opens and closes but it scraps the roof ;-|. By now my seats are getting warn and uncomfortable. Needed a new radiator about 2 years ago. A/C electrical panel needed to be replaced after 10 years. With the money I'm saving on this car I'm having no troubles saving for my next civic. Worth every penny.