Worth Every Cent
By JaxBorn on
1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan
Bought my EX sedan new in April '94 and its been extremely reliable. Its inexpensive to own and fun to drive (I've got the 5-sp manual). I've got about 123,000 miles on it now and expect it to last at least a few more years without any problems. It's inexpensive to fix -- not that anything has gone wrong cause it hasn't. Yeah, I do the required maintenance and replaced the timing belt, water pump, etc at 90,000 miles. The VTec engine is OK, there's some power but it's a small engine so don't expect much. My next car will be a Honda product.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage. Hey, at 70mph with the air on, I get between 37-43 mpg. Hard to beat that. And in the city, I never get below 30mpg. Second best feature is the reliability of the product. Put together well. Reliable engine. Never concerned that it won't start.
Suggested Improvements
Slightly larger car would be better. Not Accord size, but something in- between. Maybe the new ones are, but that's the only thing that bugged me about this car. Yeah, the engine ain't much, but with a 5sp transmission, that helped with the pick-up.