1994 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Still going

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Still going
By hondaguy on

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned many Honda motorcycles in my life, but this was my first Honda car. I'm sold. I bought this car as to be a reliable, sporty commuter car when I returned to school. It had 22,000 miles on it and it was three years old--dealer maintained. 170,000 miles and ten years later--I refuse to sell it. It just will not die. I make well into six figures a year, and this car is still my daily driver. I drive it 80 mph to work every day, and it gets 33-36 mpg. It has never given me a major repair bill. Other than regular maintenance on brakes, belts, exhaust, plugs and wires etc.. The only real repairs I have had to make are CV joints on both front axles (twice),and a new radiator.

Smoooth shifting 5 speed (with the original clutch at 190,000 miles!). Sporty looks. Great mileage and reliability. And my favorite feature of all? Every single light and control on the car still works. Everything! Power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise, A/C, ABS, dashlights, power sunroof

This car needs a telescoping steering wheel--when the pedals are the right distance, the wheel is too far. (or I'm built like a T-rex). Original seats not comfortable for long trips--I replaced mine with direct bolt-in seats from a 2000 Integra. Best improvement you can make! Cupholders are awful.