A Spunky Little Honda
By imaculprit on
1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan
This is my first car. I got it from my cousin who had it for a year. She got it from a liitle old lady that drove it to church and groceries once a week. I got it with 56,000 miles on it. Amazing, hasn't even been broken in with. It unfortunately is an automatic transmission. Though a 5-spd is more sporty, this little honda can hold the road for a front wheel drive car, even on wet pavement. With the proper tires on it. This car will drive forever if I let it. I observe about 27-32 mpg depending on how I drive for the week. I average 250 miles a tank which lasts 6-7 days. With the price of gas it is important. The brakes are flawless. No leaks and little squeaks.
Favorite Features
1994 was the last year Honda build the civic completly in Japan. Reliability is great. I've seen some go for 250k to 300k on original engine and transmission. Automatic shifts better than a 96 Ford Escort, and is more reliable. This will serve me well till my next car. Either Acura or Lexus.
Suggested Improvements
You have to remember it's a 94. Cupholders are not great. Anything bigger than 15 oz and it's hard to get in and out. Doors not automatically opening with handle takes time to get used to.