1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
ZIPPY!!
By MelissaH on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I have owned many cars, and this one is by far the most fun out of them all. Even with the small engine, it is incredibly zippy. The 5 speed manual transmission makes it even more fun to drive. Owning this car has made me a major fan of Honda. I am purchasing the 2004 Honda Pilot (family outgrew the Civic, unfortunately). I will definately miss this car.

first car
By dx373.8 on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Well, seeing as this is my first car, I would like to point out that it has no competition. I love it. I've had it for 6 months now, and have enjoyed every minute of owning it. I have to point out that power is lacking a bit. Even when revving at 5ooo rpm, the car barely feels like it's moving when me and my friends are in it.The car has an endearing character that says to me, "Let's go drive!" Also, the interior is great. I love all of the standard features. However, the tires don't work well at all in the rain, and the stereo sucks. Oh well, I guess I can't have it all. Anyway, it truly is a great car.

Worth every penny...
By Dallas1 on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in '94 and it has not let me down in 9 years. The car is the most realiable car I have ever owned. I have taken it in for the regularly scheduled maintanence and it runs just as great as when I first purchased it!

1994 Honda Civic LX 4 Dr Sedan
By rjtoc2 on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I put 170,000 miles on this car before I sold it. Aside from routine maintenance, I replaced the timing belt once, was on my second set of tires, and had to perform a moderate A/C repair ($500). I loved this car and was sad to part with it.

brenda
By brendaf on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 77,000 miles and drove 500-1000miles a week. I now have 270,000 miles and it just goes on ticking. I have had few repairs one head gasket, thermostat and other minor repairs. It is a reliable car when you are a person that knows little about repairs. I don't think I would ever want to buy any other can then a Honda.

Honda Civics Are Great Cars
By Deidra V. on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned 3 Honda Civics and have loved them all. They are a very reliable car, fun to drive and great gas mileage. Only one compliant is the paint doesn't hold up well. Overall it's an excellent car.

Your Basic Car
By Owner1122 on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Here's just about everything you need in a car, literally speaking. Not particularly powerful, and quite noisy at speeds, the little Civic will take you more or less wherever you want to go, and it won't exact a huge price on your bank account. The car is tolerable, and fulfills all its promises. It's kinda fun to drive, in a slow, homey kind of way. There's not much going on under the hood, but this car will never break. If you want to get from Point A to Point B, you're all over the Honda Civic DX.

Don't miss this boat!!
By dailydriver/racerX on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this Honda new nearly 10 years ago and it still runs and drives as well today as when new. This model offers great mileage, and a sporty driving experience for those so inclined. The eqpmt levels on the EX version are high, and most new cars I have recently driven have not measured up to the high standards set by this car. I have never had a mechanical failure or engine problem, and only performed routine maintenance. Upgrade to better aftermarket tires to get the most out of it.

What a great little car
By greatlilcar on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new in 1994 and it has been no trouble at all for 157,000 miles. I take very good care of it and do all the routine maintenance by the book myself, oil, tranny fluid, brake pads, tires, spark plugs and the timing belt at 90,000 miles. I have kept all gas mileage receipts since she was new and overall average 32mpg in mixed driving with the automatic. The body looks like new and the interior shows only very minor wear on drivers seat and drivers floor carpet.

great little car!
By DENNIS J. THORNE on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

my honda has had zero mechanical problems. besides replacing tires, the muffler, and the battery (just last month) this car has been a dream. living through the harsh winters of michigan (with the ever-present road salt) i expect some rust, but this car has none. this is not an exotic sports car or a luxury sedan but for a small economy car this honda can't be beat.