Used 1994 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Still going
By hondaguy

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned many Honda motorcycles in my life, but this was my first Honda car. I'm sold. I bought this car as to be a reliable, sporty commuter car when I returned to school. It had 22,000 miles on it and it was three years old--dealer maintained. 170,000 miles and ten years later--I refuse to sell it. It just will not die. I make well into six figures a year, and this car is still my daily driver. I drive it 80 mph to work every day, and it gets 33-36 mpg. It has never given me a major repair bill. Other than regular maintenance on brakes, belts, exhaust, plugs and wires etc.. The only real repairs I have had to make are CV joints on both front axles (twice),and a new radiator.

Smoooth shifting 5 speed (with the original clutch at 190,000 miles!). Sporty looks. Great mileage and reliability. And my favorite feature of all? Every single light and control on the car still works. Everything! Power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise, A/C, ABS, dashlights, power sunroof

This car needs a telescoping steering wheel--when the pedals are the right distance, the wheel is too far. (or I'm built like a T-rex). Original seats not comfortable for long trips--I replaced mine with direct bolt-in seats from a 2000 Integra. Best improvement you can make! Cupholders are awful.

A Steady, Peppy Companion
By Tracy

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

My Honda has been a cream puff for 12 yrs. Have had to fix a few things every 3 years but mostly just oil changes and scheduled maintenance. This is a great economy car and the EX Coupe with its VTEC engine and extras has been fun to drive. Can't go wrong with this car.

Window design affords good visibility and keeps the car filled with light. Sound systems is good. EX Coupe's pick up is fairly responsive and still produces great mpg - 23 city/33 highway despite its age.

Air conditioning could be more reliable - have fixed it 3xs in 12 years. The CV joints dont seem to last more than a few years.

King Honda
By Johnny4Wheels

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Fantastic vehicle! I bought this with 164,000 miles on it and you'd never know it by the way it runs. Heck, the interior looks practically brand new! The paint hasn't held up too well, but it is 11 years old. It is a fun car to drive with plenty of pep with a 5-speed. Also, I think this generation Civic is the best looking. I'm 6'6", so it's a bit tight, but not too uncomfortable. Lots of legroom helps, but the seats don't support my back too well. Small price to pay for 43 mpg (not running AC), though! I foresee many more enjoyable miles with my new best friend.

Styling, quality/reliability (just got it, but so far, so good), ergonomics (though my hands get in the way of viewing the clock), peppy engine, fuel economy, large trunk size for a compact

Adjustable lumbar, more powerful AC fan, more interior storage, more practical cupholders (though the one it has is fancy), less-notchy shifter with taller gearing (they have improved this big time)

Honda EX
By sufurair

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

A great car. At 128k miles, things are supposed to break even though it is a Honda. Other than that, great gas mileage for the year and fun to drive. Could use some more cockpit storage space.

Moonroof, A/C, PW, PL, 5 spd. trans.

This is a great car
By Jack

1994 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $200 from someone who tore up the tranny. It is a 5 speed and this kid didn't know how to drive one, so he learned on this car. It is great! The only reason I had to go into the tranny was because of him, and it was a simple fix. It has 156,000 miles on it, and it is very dependable. I do wish it was a little more comfortable, but it will do with gas being $2.80 a gallon. 42 MPG in a 12 year old car!!!

5 speed